Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Last week….

We had one heck of a week last week! Over that weekend, Lacey had been pulling at her ears and had also gotten a cold. So, on Tuesday when her temperature was a little over 100 on Tuesday, I decided we’d go back to the doctor! I was supposed to take a 1:00 train to NJ that day. And, Butch had a big meeting that morning. So, I decided to change my arrangements and planned to take the 2:00 train. We went to the doctor….and Dr. Mike simply said “just a bad cold and maybe some teething”. So, we left with no prescriptions.

Butch’s parents (Chuck & Nancy) came into town that afternoon. They were coming to celebrate her birthday. Butch said Tuesday night was bad…she cried out numerous times. At some point, he gave her some Tylenol and she finally settled down.

So, Wednesday, she seemed a little bit better. We opened some birthday gifts (a day early) since Butch wouldn’t be around the next night (work). When I picked her up from daycare on Thursday, Kim said (as soon as I walked in), “so glad to see you”. Or something like that. Not what you want to hear. Lacey was sitting on Mr. Bernie’s lap with her binky, just hanging out. When I took her, she just laid her head on my shoulder. So, back to the doctor on Friday (3rd time in 8 days – the 1st was just a recheck from her previous ear infection). Dr. Jill found both ears infected. So, we walked out with the prescription. This is not the way a birthday should be spent.

Anyway, after getting a dose in Fri. night and another one Sat. morning, she was doing so much better and very ready to enjoy her party! I somehow managed to bake her caterpillar cake on Friday night. (I was tired and not really wanting to.) Everyone came over around noon-ish. We had some of Lacey’s favorites – cheese and crackers, spinach dip (she’s not much on veggies, but likes spinach) and pizza. Too much pizza by far, so we have a lot in our freezer now.

We got her a ball pit for her present and she LOVES it. It totally keeps her occupied.

She got lots of other fun things….clothes, toys, books. I think her favorite book is the Teletubby one that Grandma got her. She loves them.

I think you all have probably seen the pictures….and you could see for yourself that she had fun with her cake! Green icing all over her face and in her hair.

She took a good nap after everyone left, but since it was a late nap (she woke at 5:00), she wasn’t ready to go to bed until 9:00. That’s about 1 ½ hours after her normal time! The whole time she played in the ball pit.

She’s doing better now. We went for her well-baby visit on Monday (4th visit in 11 days). She’s 19 lbs., 9.4 ounces (25th percentile) and 30.5 inches (50th percentile). Dr. Jill is very happy with her growth. She’s actually slowed down – used to be 50th percentile for weight – but Dr. Jill likes little babies. She got 2 shots – screamed at first, but was fine after about a minute.

I’ll try to post again within a day or so about some non-Lacey stuff (for those of you that care)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny reading your blogs cause I already know everything in it since we talk everyday! I could probably post for you! ;>)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Butch. Keep the flowered pillows and demand the striped ones! That kind of crap is just not tolerable! I've vented - I feel better.