Friday, March 31, 2006

Daycare update

The daycare person that I mentioned before - Lisa - won't have an opening until at least June, maybe (most likely) August. I called several other places and only have 1 other possibility so far (Kathy). We are going to meet her today. I didn't ask many questions on the phone, but it sounds like she doesn't have any LITTLE ones, which I don't like. We are trying to make things work with Lisa. We have 7 weeks between the current daycare closing and Butch being off for the summer. Butch's parents have offered to come help some, so we are waiting to hear what dates they would be able to do. And, I think that between Butch & I, we can take about 3 weeks off (alternating, maybe). I've had a couple of other offers for help, too. My cousin, Shelly (thank you) and another cousin's housekeeper has offered. So, I think it might work out. I'm meeting with Lisa on Tuesday next week. She has strep throat right now, so she's not available to talk.

Butch & I have talked about it all so much. Part of me thinks that we should continue looking for a solution that would start earlier. But, we want to do what is really best for Lacey in the long-run, and I believe (from all I've heard) that Lisa's daycare is the best option. When I told her that we are trying to work it out with her, she sounded excited. Even though enough business isn't a problem for her, she knows Kristina and her sister, Karin, so I think she already feels like it could be a good fit.

Butch's (and my) summer will be totally different than we planned. He was planning to spend a good deal of time getting his business moving along. But, Kristina also has the summer off and she might be able to watch Lacey once a week or so, so that he could focus on the business. And, I told him I'd be happy to let him have a couple of evenings per week to himself to work on it, too. I work from home 2 days a week, too, so he certainly won't be by himself 2 days a week.

It helps to write all this out! It's like my little online journal!

No comments: