Thursday, March 09, 2006

Stuff

Don't you like how my titles are so boring?

My drive home today was a B*t*h. It took me 1 full hour to go about 8-10 miles. I'm not kidding. Then, on the beltway, I hit some strange piece of metal. It was thin & wide. It covered the width of the lane I was in. I couldn't avoid it b/c there was a car right in front of me, so I didn't see it until.....too late. Then, my car made a strange noise when I was going at low speeds the rest of the way home. Amazingly, Butch fixed it. For those of you that know him, you know he's not a "car guy". I guess the metal thing in the road jammed something and he got it back into place. So glad it wasn't an expensive thing.

I have to go to NY tomorrow for work. (Was kind of hoping the car thing would keep me from having to go. Like maybe, I couldn't drive up to the airport. There are no cabs down here, so that's what would happen if I had a car issue.) Anyway, I'm leaving at my normal time & should be home by my normal time. And, at least the weather will be AWESOME!

For the weekend, plans are still being made. We really want to go see Harry Potter at the Cinema & Draft House. It's playing at noonish both days. Dee wants to come, too, but is all stressed about packing for their Punta Cana trip. But...she had BETTER come to this! ;-) Kristin is hoping to come, too. I'm hoping that Kristina (or Rick, or Jess) can babysit. Mind you, I'll have to reschedule an overdue hair appt. on Saturday if we go then, but I DON'T CARE! HP is more important!

I started doing Weight Watchers Online this week and it is downright scarey how much I'm eating!!! ;-) WW helps you track that...by counting "points" (based on calories, fat and fiber). Chai Lattes and wine KILL me. I'm supposed to have about 20 points a day. If I let myself enjoy wine and chai, I take about 40! If I cut those things out, I'm still at 30. At least I'm thinking about it. I'm only 3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I want to be lower when I see Dr. Aron next month!!!

Well.....I think that's enough. Hope you all are having a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Butch, you car-fixin' guy! So, Sunday is better for HP b/c of your hair appt. - right? I think I'll just go and pay whatever price I pay with my trip prep.

Anonymous said...

Trish - you need to talk to Bink about those points . . . . (you need to be sure you carry your little book -- "points counter" with you everywhere, and especially where they serve wine!).

Raechelle said...

I am allowed 20 points a day also. 4 oz of wine = 2pts, 12 oz non fat latte (although $2.30 a day) a mere 2 pts. Yes, those points pile up. I don't write everything down anymore but I keep a running list in my head. And I gave up sweets for National Nutrition Month. It's good to challenge yourself. I still have as much wine as I want :-)