Friday, March 31, 2006

Cherry Blossoms, Tourists....and Traffic...Blah!

Butch thinks I'm sort of mean because I think there should be a rule that tourists stay off the road during rush hour! I'm quite serious about it, though. Our metro system is very user friendly, so there is no reason to avoid it!

Of course, the tourist cars aren't the only thing driving my crazy right now! There are a ton of tour buses and tons of pedestrians EVERYWHERE. It doesn't help that my commute takes me right through the WWII memorial, the Mall and the dreaded (but absolutely beautiful) Cherry Blossoms! It was completely insane yesterday. My total drive was 2 hours and 15 minutes. I only go 45 miles. Yes, you read that correctly. It took me an hour just to get out of downtown (only about 3 miles, tops). Now you see my frustration with tourist season. Had I realized how bad it would be, I would have either worked later, gone for a drink, or taken the metro myself! However, Wednesday was nowhere near that bad, so I didn't think it would change so quickly.

The Blossoms are gorgeous, though. If it wasn't such a stressful drive from the traffic, I could probably enjoy staring at them. I'd love to go downtown at some point, but I know this weekend will be nuts and I don't know if it's worth doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can understand your frustration. The Cherry Blossoms are beautiful though. We went to see them for the first time last year. Lived here forever and had never seen the Cherry Blossoms. You should just take the metro on your lunch hour one day while you're at work.