Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Daycare Woes

Kim called last night to tell us that she is closing her daycare at the end of April. A friend has offered her an opportunity that she can't pass up (better hours, more money). I can't blame her at all, but of course, all I can think about is what does this mean for us?!

We've been so happy with Kim (and Bernie). Yes, there have been minor issues - as there always will be when someone else is taking care of your child - but nothing big. I have counted our blessings with daycare and now we have to start over. Not only do we have to try to find someone in less than 5 weeks, but, I would imagine Lacey is not going to be happy about the change (to start, anyway). I imagine she will adapt okay, but Lacey goes to Kim with such ease in the mornings. She does NOT like to go to people she doesn't know. In fact, she doesn't much like to go to anyone if she's in mommy's arms. (Good thing Daddy usually takes her.)

I called & left a message at 1 place. She has been recommended by Kristina and also by a neighbor. I know she had an opening in January - she'd called because I was on her waiting list. I can only hope that she has an opening now. She's close by & I've heard that she really teaches the kids quite a bit (including Spanish). I don't want to do a daycare center, unless that is our only alternative. I've heard too many things that I don't like about them. They are really strict with all of their rules. (No more bottles at 1 year old, hard soled shoes are a requirement, etc.)

Blah.

No comments: