Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Movies, Work, Lacey & Vacation!

It’s been longer since my last post than I thought! Sorry!

Dee, Butch & I went to see Harry Potter a couple weekends ago. It was good, but since I am an avid reader, I was disappointed at how much they cut out! I heard that they were thinking of making this book into 2 movies, but were talked out of it.

That weekend, Butch & I watched Walk the Line (very good) and this past weekend, we watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I didn’t want to like that one b/c I am still a weird person that’s mad at Brad & Angelina for their affair and hurting Jennifer Aniston. But, it was a good flick.

I was in Chicago last week for work. Twice a year, all of the Client Execs get together for a 2 day meeting. Blah. All in all, it was an okay meeting. However, I stayed up late with several colleagues on Tues. night and had a bit too much wine….along with everyone else. So, sitting in a meeting for 6 hours on Wed. was not fun.

Friday & Saturday, I painted our bedroom. It’s “stem green” and quite nice. I can’t wait for the furniture to be delivered….in late April or so.

Lacey’s doing really well. She’s saying some new words – baby and pretty. She will also growl when we ask her “what does the bear say”. So freakin’ cute! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this age! Last night she woke up around midnight crying and since I can see her eye-teeth coming in, we gave her Tylenol. That worked until 4:00 a.m., but she quit pretty quickly. Poor baby. I hope they come through soon.

Oh! We booked our vacation house! I am so excited! We’re going to OBX with some friends (Tonya and family) for a week starting July 14. They have 2 young daughters, so it should work very well. The house is pretty close to the beach, so it shouldn’t be too much of a pain to lug all of our things! (I hope.) It seems like I should still be doing planning – even though it’s 4 months away.

I think we’re starting Lacey in swim lessons next month. With her Pa Pa’s pool, I think it will be worth it! She is totally lovin’ the bath these days, so I’m hoping it will work well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For us dummies who have no clue what OBX is - where are you going? I've sat here looking at this for 10 minutes and can't for the life of me figure it out - so help me out here - us old people need a little help occasionally!

The Hamilton's said...

It means the Outer Banks, NC. ;-)