Thursday, March 02, 2006

More...

As promised, I thought I’d post some “non-Lacey” stuff. Although, I have to start with Lacey news first! She took steps last night! Very wobbly steps, but she walked about 3-4 steps toward me. So sweet. She did it twice so that her daddy could see, too.

Our furniture for the living room was delivered yesterday! Finally! It only took about 4 months. On top of the length of time, the pillows on the love seat are wrong. The loveseat is floral and the pillows were supposed to be striped. They are floral, too. I’m trying to decide how to handle it. It does look good, so I’m afraid to push for the stripes now. Butch wants to tell them we want the striped pillows and we aren’t giving these back. They took 4 months to get our furniture to us and we had issues throughout the process. I don’t know whether to blame Broyhill or Holladay House (where we ordered from). Holladay House should have checked to make sure all was correct prior to delivering it, so I do believe they are at fault to some extent.

I hope the process for our bedroom furniture goes much more smoothly. We ordered that earlier this week. It’s supposed to be 6-8 weeks. We’ll see. We also have to time things well – we need to paint the bedroom and have new carpet put in before the furniture comes. The carpet is ruined from a water problem that we had a few months ago.

I had lunch yesterday with one of my “online” friends, Danee. For those of you that don’t know, I joined babycenter.com when I was pregnant with Lacey. I found a group of 1st time moms that were all due in February 2005. And, we are still posting together. Most of us, anyway – some dropped off after the babies were born. Anyway, Danee is in town from TX (Dallas area) for work. It was great to meet her! We had very similar labors (extremely long and hard). Both of us had wanted to go naturally (no epidural or meds) and neither of us could because of how long things went. Ours were the 2 babies that didn’t sleep well until 8-9 months, etc., etc. Kieran (her baby) and Lacey are so much alike.

Well, I’d better get some work done. I have a client meeting tomorrow and while the report is done, I still have lots of prep work to do.

No comments: