Sunday, February 19, 2006

Misc.

I thought that maybe I should post something since I get annoyed when I check other blogs and there is nothing new.

Butch & I took off on Thursday to go to lunch and get massages. It was quite nice. There is a "couple's room" at this place, so we were in the same room. We also looked for furniture at a couple of places, with no luck.

Yesterday, we went to Northern VA - near Dulles - to look at furniture again. Found a couple of sets (bedroom) that we really like, but so expensive! Ugh. I was hoping to find some moderately priced stuff that we liked, but nothing. So, our entire tax check might be paying for furniture. There is 1 set that I'm sure is cheaper (Broyhill), but the website doesn't show that it comes in a King size bed. And, I'm so annoyed with Broyhill that I'm not sure I want to order it again anyway.

Lacey went with us yesterday and she did really well. I know she was sick of being in the car. It's about a 90 minute drive. On the way back, we stopped at Sweet Water Tavern - one of our fav restaurants - to have lunch. L did pretty good, but had no interest in the food. She stuck with her normal yogurt, cheerios and cheese. I swear that girl eats a ton of dairy!

I took her to the doc on Fri. for a recheck from the ear infection she last had. They like to take a look about 3 weeks later. It looked pretty good, except a little fluid in 1 ear. No need for drugs, yet, though. Hopefully the fluid will drain & we'll be okay. Ha. Her nose is running now, so I imagine it will get worse. The doc did tell me that she's doing okay. She said that the rule for tubes is 6 infections in 6 months and/or ear infections that just don't clear up. Lacey's clear up - she just gets one again if the nose is still running.

I can't believe she will be a year on Thursday! I think I'm going to try to take a 1/2 day at work so I can pick her up early. Her party is on Saturday.

Work is going to be really busy this week. We're closed tomorrow, but I wish we were open. It's too hard to try to work @ home when Lacey is around! I leave on Tuesday afternoon for NJ. Yea. (Read with sarcasm.) It's only an overnight, but still annoying. Especially when I have so much other stuff to do. I will never understand how so many client reports (for different clients) can end up due at the same time.

Lacey is napping, but since she's been down for over an hour, I know it won't last much longer! I'd better go before I have to rush off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ain't being a mom and trying to wrok at the same time fun?? And just think, it gets even better once they start going to school and being "social".
And yes, it is amazing that is is going to be one year old! Doesn't seem possible. Have fun at the party and let her smash the cake in her face!