Friday, February 03, 2006

To do lists

Why is it that my "to-do" list continues to grow? Nothing is getting marked off these days! I need to change something about my time management. Hmmmm. Some people would tell me to stop watching so much TV. But, I am an addict. To Days of Our Lives, Lost, Desp Housewives, 24....and a few others. It's actually very sad.

So, I was going to return some safety gates to One Step Ahead today. They didn't work on our stairs. They have sat in our basement since early December. I think I ordered them in October. Thankfully the company doesn't have an expiration on returns. Shipping was going to cost $40. That's insane. The company has a policy that if you exchange for something else, they will pay for shipping, so I've been looking online at what I can buy at OSA for about $100. With L's birthday around the corner, it's pretty easy.

Speaking of her birthday, I need to order the Baby Einstein party supplies. You'd think I could find them locally - but no. Only through a catalog. I'm actually going to MAKE her cake! Ha! Considering I'm attempting for it to look like the Baby Einstein caterpillar, I think it's pretty brave of me. ;-) Truthfully, I am looking forward to it.

I don't think I've balanced the checkbook in at least a month. By "balanced", I mean written anything in it. I rely heavily on what their website tells me.

I have to call to schedule....taxes, L's 1 year doc appt., having our heating/air serviced (I've had that number since the fall), I could go on and on, but it really might bore you. Or make you wonder why these things haven't been done.

Oh - I'm listening to Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince for the 2nd time. The main reason I am doing this is so that I can talk to my favorite sister about it when she reads it. She told me a few weeks ago that she had the book and was going to start. I would be willing to bet that she hasn't read one page. (She's as addicted to TV as I am. And, American Idol just started, plus 24, and Lost....and DH....etc. I don't watch AI, but she has asked me to this year. Exactly what I need. 2 more hours of TV per week.) Anyway, I'm about 3/4 through the Half Blood Prince and by the time Dee picks it up to read, I will have forgotten details again and may have to listen for a 3rd time!!!

Butch & I are feeling MUCH better. It took about 48 hours to feel like eating again - and I lost 2 pounds - which will come back very quickly, I'm sure. Lacey is doing better, but it's obvious her body hasn't completely recovered. She's been a cranky bear the past couple of nights and it seems like she's gassy. I guess the virus is still working it's way out of her system. I hope she gets to 100% soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, we won't talk about To Do Lists. Second, I admit I am a TV addict. Aunt Annie and I had an email conversation about that the other day and she tried to say she didn't watch as much TV as me. To which I had to remind her of the shows she watches that I don't. (I know she'll read this!) ;>) Third, I'm proud of you for making Lacey's 1st birthday cake - whatever the Baby Einstein Caterpillar might look like! It will be more special because you made it. And fourth, your favorite sister STILL has not picked up the Harry Potter book. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?????

Anonymous said...

I have no clue what a Baby Einstein Caterpillar looks like! I'm so far out of the baby stuff, it ain't funny! But good luck with that Trish. . . .
And your "to-do" list - in another 20 years, you won't even have a "to-do" list, so don't worry about it now.