Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Stomach Bug

Lacey finished her antibiotic for the ear infection on Saturday night. We had THE BEST day on Sunday. She was so happy and played well on her own. Wasn't really clingy at all. It was awesome! Then on Monday morning when I went to get her from the crib, she was making a gagging/vomit noise. I hoped it was just phlegm. I decided to keep her home for an hour or so to make sure she was okay. She took her bottle, then ate some yogurt for breakfast, and on the way out the door for daycare, she threw it all up! Lovely. It happened again about 30 minutes later. Thankfully, it didn't happen again. There were some nasty diapers, but at least that is somewhat contained. She refused Pedialyte, Liquilite, etc. I even tried mixing it with juice, but since she's never really had juice, that didn't help either. I just gave her 1-2 ounce bottles through the day. By early afternoon, she was HAPPY and playing well. And, she slept through the night. Butch stayed home with her today so that if she's still contagious, she won't give it to the other kids, or to Miss Kim. He said she's playing happily.

Of course, Butch & I got it a little, too. Neither of us ate much of anything yesterday. I had 2 peanut butter crackers for breakfast and 1/2 a Lean Cuisine for dinner. I was 2.5 pounds lighter on the scale this morning. The only benefit to being sick. Luckily, we both feel like we are back in the land of the living again today.

On Saturday, we went to a friend's daughter's 1st birthday party. (I'm sure that's where the bug came from.) There were several other little ones there, but Lacey had no interest. She was very clingy at first - I think just overwhelmed from so many people that she didn't know. But, then she started playing in this "ball pit" and had a blast. I might have to find one for her birthday.

Sorry for such a short post, but I've really got to get some work done! I promise to check in again later - hopefully the next several posts will be about things other than illness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you lost a couple pounds. Talk about annoying - when you're sick, throwing up, not eating AND don't lose a pound! Now, that's not fair. ;>) Hope everybody is feeling better.