Monday, January 16, 2006

The flu...and other things about the weekend

For anyone that doesn't believe in the power of a flu shot....believe it. I have gotten one every year over the last 10 years....except 2. Including this year. Both times I got the flu. This one was bad. It tried to get me during the week (Tuesday night into Wednesday), but didn't get bad. Then, Saturday morning, I woke at 4:30 -- miserable. I had a 102* fever most of the day. Did I already say miserable? So, Butch had parent duty most of the day while I laid in bed. Yesterday was better, but I still hardly ate anything and felt weak. Finally... last night I improved. And, today, while I have a cough that hurts, I feel much better.

Anyone a fan of 24? Yea on the new season! Finally....at long last! Butch & I stayed up to watch that last night. (I say "stayed up" b/c I am normally an early to bed gal.)

Lacey went to the doc last Monday -- b/c of pink-eye -- and we found out that she had a double ear infection. Not surprising with the runny nose that she has had non-stop for weeks. So, she was put on a different antibiotic than the last time - one that helps with pink-eye, too. I hate it. It's thick and nasty. The last one could be mixed in her bottle & she didn't have a clue. This one doesn't mix well. So, it takes both of us to force it. I hold her head while Butch squirts it in her mouth. Butch said that either we are getting better at it, or she's getting better. I corrected him & said "we are getting less sensitive with it".

Anyway, she's still a little "off". The pink-eye seems to be gone. (BTW, she could go to daycare after 24 hours of being on the meds, so we didn't have to worry about taking much time off work.) She's just cranky. She normally wakes up happy & plays by herself a good portion of the time happy, etc. So, I don't know if this new antibiotic isn't working as well on her ears, or if it's hurting her tummy.....or if she's working on new teeth....or if she's just being a stinker. It's all guess work, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope Lacey is feeling and acting more like herself. I'm sure she's not just being a stinker! ;>)
Dee