Thursday, January 19, 2006

Nothing Much

I guess I don't have a lot to report on, but I'm afraid if I don't put something out here, Dee will give me crap about not posting! ;-)

Yesterday was such a crappy drive to work. It was raining, so I knew it would be bad. But, when I got behind a slow-poke in my neighborhood, I knew I was in for trouble. I was hoping they'd turn left...but no....they turned right. And, they drove 35 in a 50. Yes, it was raining & yes, it's a dark road, but give me a freakin' break. I finally managed to pass him/her several miles later. Then, there was an accident on Branch Ave. and it didn't make sense to for me to try another way because every way was bad. So....2 hours and 15 minutes after leaving my house, I was at work. Finally. You'd better bet I treated myself to a Chai Latte. Of course, I do that most mornings, but felt I truly deserved it yesterday.

Lacey had her last dose of the antibiotic this morning THANK GOD! I was so tired of holding her head while Butch shoved it in her mouth.

Butch & I are going to VA to meet our friends, Agnes & Trampas....the newlyweds....for dinner on Saturday. I know nothing about their wedding yet. They want to tell us everything together. All I know is that it was planned to be in Vegas over New Year's. Who knows if that's what happened!? And - on top of that, he has gotten information on his transfer. They won't tell us anything about that until Sat. either. I'm so bummed that she's leaving again. Not that we get to see her often, but it's nice to know that I can.

I'm listening to Harry Potter #6 again. Hoping that Dee will FINALLY read the book. It's been so long since I first listened to it, that I need to refresh my memory so that Dee & I can discuss it.

I've got to get back to my guilty pleasure....watching Days of Our Lives.

Tricia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two hours and 15 minutes to get to work?? I don't think so! Guess my little basement in Faulkner ain't so bad, huh?

I bet Lacey is even more glad than you that you don't have to hold her head and have Daddy shove the medicine down her throat! ;>) Isn't parenthood fun?

What is wrong with me that I can't pick up the Harry Potter book and start reading?? I can't even explain it - I usually can't wait and for some reason I can't get started! I think if I'd had the book when everyone else was reading it, I would've been fine. Maybe I need to write it in my daytimer book - "Read Harry Potter." You laugh - I'm serious.

Dee

Anonymous said...

I'm with Dee - 2 hours and 15 minutes to get to work??? I freak out if it takes me over 30 minutes - of course, with leaving home at 5:45,not much chance of it taking me over 30 minutes unless there's a wreck or something. And those people that go 30 in a 50 - well, not my favorite people! Glad to hear that LJ is better. And just sitting around watching your favorite soap huh? Must be nice!