Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's always something.....

Lacey seems to have pink-eye!!! I noticed her eyes having more discharge yesterday & Butch said "it's just eye boogies". Nope. There is a lot more today. And, she looks like she has black eyes b/c they are so puffy. She cries when we wipe the eyes (I've read it can hurt). So, back to the doctor tomorrow. At least we made it a few weeks since the last visit.

Oh, her diaper rash is all cleared up, thanks to lots of "air time" yesterday and gobs of goop slathered on.

So.....pink-eye is contagious and she can't go to daycare until it's cleared up. Hmmm. What to do. I supposed I'll see if I can work from home....1/2 days....since I know I won't get much done when she's awake. Butch will take a day off every few days so I can go to the office. Hopefully it will clear up within a week. I've read 7-10 days...sometimes longer. And, did you know there are 3 types of pink-eye? Viral, Bacterial and Allergin. Since she's had a cold for so long (well, really just a runny nose), I'm betting they tell me it's "viral", which means they won't give us an eye cream. I hope we get a Rx to help it. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: