Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stomach Bug, Part 2

Leah's stomach bug was last Wednesday. By Friday night, we thought we were in the clear for the rest of us. We were wrong.

Lacey kept complaining that her tummy hurt, which is somewhat normal, given her constipation issues. But, it seemed different....and the stomach virus was still on my mind. At 11:30, she threw up....pink yogurt all over the family room floor. I didn't feel great either....was cold even though it wasn't cold in the house. By 5:00, I knew I had it....the chills had started badly and lasted for 5 hours. I never vomited, but had other not-so-pleasant digestive issues.

Butch slept in the guest room. Lacey slept with me....but neither of us really slept. We still felt bad on Sunday, but at least the vomiting had stopped. I had a fever off & on all day.

The girls went to daycare on Monday and I headed to the office. At noon, I'd already decided to take sick time, but kept doing "1 last thing" and finally made it out at 1:30. It was Wednesday before I could eat without feeling nauseous.

What a week.

No comments: