Sunday, March 08, 2009

Random

Butch is working this afternoon an open house at Ryken. He'll be back around dinner. The girls are in great moods today...thankfully. It's too muddy out, thanks to the snow, but we played on the deck for a long time. It's so warm. I am so ready for spring!

Yesterday we went to the library for a birthday celebration for Dr. Seuss. There were tons of kids. Lacey had no interest in the party & just wanted to go find the books and DVDs, so off we went. I'm looking forward to the little Amish market opening for the season. They set up at the library, so our Saturday morning tradition is to go to the library & market with the kids.

Other than that, yesterday was no fun. I don't know if it was mostly me (stressed and grumpy) or the kids misbehaving...or a combination of the two. I feel like all I did was yell at Lacey. She wasn't listening at all. Today, I made a decision to stay calm the entire day and it's worked well so far. She responds best when I'm calm. If she isn't listening, a count to 5 and a loss of a "point" usually does the trick. I need to remember that. Sometimes, it's just hard to do when they are pushing my buttons all day.

I went through our local events calendar yesterday to find upcoming events and wrote several things down on the calendar. I love this time of year!

My local HIP Momma's meetup group hasn't done much to include the working moms in a while. Most (probably 80-90%) are stay at home moms, so there has been lots on the calendar, but mostly weekday things. Anyway, our fearless leader has moved into her new house and is setting up new things. I'm looking forward to some time with the girls. Of course, the day they have scheduled our first Mom's Morning Out (breakfast) since November....is next Saturday....when Butch has to administer SATs. Oh well. I'm considering a sitter, but not sure it's worth it.

Lacey's going for her well visit in a few weeks and I can't wait to talk to Dr. Jill about the ongoing constipation and diet issues. Leah gets to go to the dentist for the first time next month, too. Yippee. Hopefully she'll handle it better than Lacey did at this age!

Is all of that random enough for you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids always know how to push their mommas buttons and they're usually very good at it! You're just "too good" of a mom - you need to start ignoring them a little! (I know, I know - easier said than done)!

TheAustinEmpire said...

I just LOVE how all the mom's groups are pretty much for SAHM's. Drives me crazy. I guess when you work it doesn't give you much time for a social life huh?

Rylie is having her first dentist appt next month too, I hope Leah does good.

I also definitely hear you on the button pushing. I took Rylie with me to Joann's today and Wally World after that, she screamed the entire time we were at Wal-Mart. Like nails on a chalkboard......