Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Lacey's 4th Birthday!

I can't believe that my little girl is 4!

Grandma & Poppy came for a visit. They arrived on Wednesday and Grandma gave Lacey her early birthday present....a new princess dress....Ariel as a human.
She wanted it on immediately & wore it to bed. I had to fight her the next morning to take it off and get dressed for Miss Lisa's. Then, she didn't wear it for the rest of Grandma's visit. Strange child. Now she's wearing it again.

On Saturday, Nancy and I took Lacey to the pottery painting place. Of all the things she could have picked...she picked a race car piggy bank. What? I tried (unsuccessfully) to change her mind. She is a true girlie girl. I can't imagine why she picked a race car. Whatever. It was for her birthday, so I just went with it. She did well initially with painting....pink and gray. Then, she just wanted to mix paints & not wait for it to dry, etc. Should be interesting what we pick up this week. (It's ready, but I haven't gotten there because of our crazy snowstorm.) I decided to paint a latte mug and get her hand print on it. Hopefully it turned out okay, too.

Sunday was her party. I thought about doing something to include some kids this year, but didn't feel like finding activities for them to do. Yes, I'm lazy. And, really....there are only 2 friends her age I probably would have invited. I'll wait until she asks to have friends over. We ended up just having family over for dinner (spaghetti with slow cooked sauce) and ice cream cake.

Yes, my girl is spoiled. I have a hard time stopping. I have a feeling it would be a little easier with a boy, but who knows? Anyway....she even asked "is this one mine, too?", because she was remembering Christmas & that some were for Leah and other people.


Of course, Leah wasn't neglected. :-) Miss Frankie (Dad's friend) got her a little Webkinz.
And, I had gotten Leah some new hair barrettes. (She is a bit obsessed with getting her hair done.) Uncle Buck was a bit obsessed as well...he put every single barrette in her hair.

In that picture, you can see Uncle Bucky's lovely attempt at Leah's hair. I think he may have missed his calling.
I didn't bother attempting to make a cake this year. The whole family loves ice cream cake from Carvel, anyway. The theme this year? Scooby Doo! Yes, he is still quite popular and Lacey loves him.
After everyone left, we worked on getting the girls to bed. Lacey was way over-tired since she didn't nap Saturday or Sunday. She had a big meltdown right before bed. I worked very hard at keeping my calm since my having a screaming meltdown with her would have just made it worse. She was overtired for much of that week, but finally got caught up on sleep and back to herself.

Chuck & Nancy left on Tuesday morning to head to Atlanta for a visit with Butch's brother's family. Lacey's cousin (Samantha) is 9 days younger, so a birthday party was held at their house this past weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's 4 either! And Leah's pic doesn't do Uncle Bucky's hair-do justice. It was wa-a-a-a-y better than that! ;)