Saturday, June 14, 2008

Update on the girls

Thought I'd do a quick separate post to update you on how the kids are doing.Lacey loves to play with her "dolly dolls" and lately wants us to play with her. It's hard when you are an adult to remember how to play. :-) She's learning more at Miss Lisa's. They focus on a couple of letters, a number, a shape and a color each month. She's known her colors for awhile now. Lately she is started to recognize the letters and numbers they are working with. Butch & I are trying to be better at focusing on what Lisa is working on so they we are consistant.

Leah hasn't been sleeping well. Teething is truly a frustration. I think that is a big part of her sleep issues lately. It's tiring. She's been cruising around for a while and is now taking 3-4 steps by herself sometimes. (We'll see if it leads to anything soon. Lacey was doing the same around this age, but didn't walk until 15 months.) Leah isn't much of a fan of being spoon fed anymore, so it's getting difficult. She's still learning to chew and learning to like certain foods, so it can be tough to get enough food in her. She loves cheese, cheerios and peas. :-)


Starting next week, Miss Lisa is closed on Thursdays and Fridays, so Butch will be with them those days. They are a handful, so I know he'll be worn out from chasing them by the time I get home. I'd like to be able to work from home on Friday's and take 1/2 day off. But, I can't figure out where I'd work and be left alone. I'm still thinking that one through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was catching up on Bink's blog this morning and thought, gee, wonder if Tricia ever posted, and nearly passed out when I saw all your posts (ha)! Thought maybe you had quit. The girls are precious and I love the dancing Lacey - very cute - she needs to watch that counter top though! Loved the dancing Ritchie also - I can't even do that now! Glad to finally read some news from you.
Love ya,
Aunt Annie

Anonymous said...

See, Aunt Annie and I think alike - I just commented on Lacey hitting the cabinet in the dancing video!