Saturday, June 28, 2008

Girlfriends

Now that Leah is getting a bit older, I really want to find some good girlfriends who live around here! You know, someone you can call and say "let's go to a movie"! My friends are all thrown about the country and it's a bit depressing at times. My very best friends each live a few hours from here. Tonya is in SC and Agnes is in upstate NY. If either of them lived within an hour, I'd be a happy camper.

Others are in IA, CA, NV, FL, MO.....you get the picture. It's annoying. I do have some girlfriends that live in other parts of MD, but they are all at least an hour away. And, when everyone has kids, it's tough to get together. Especially since their kids are older and involved in so many activities.

Dee always tells me (and I know it's true) that once Lacey and Leah get older and involved in activities, we'll find friends down here easily. That's how they met many of their friends. It's just crazy because I grew up here. I knew lots of people around here 20 years ago. But, you lose touch with people and it's tough to reconnect again.

Anyway, I thought about all of this again because last week I went to see Sex & the City with Dee, Brianna (Dee's SIL, who I also happened to go to high school with) and Bri's sister, Holly. It was just nice to get out with the girls. Not like I have tons of time to do it, but it would be nice to be able to. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have more and more time for fun things for yourself as the girls get older and you WILL meet new people - thru your kids! That's the way it works.
Dee

Raechelle said...

I'm right there with ya. Saw Sex & The City last week with Jamie & Jessica (but I was sick so I didn't want to blog about it because you know how my mother can be....) and it made me appreciate my girlfriends so much.

I can't believe it took me 33 years to get to this point. And I need my girls more than ever now!