Saturday, June 28, 2008

Leah's Birthday, Work, A Visit from Chuck & Nancy

It's hard to believe that Leah will be a year old in a few short days. Wow. She's going to have multiple parties like Lacey did, too. We're going to have birthday cupcakes on her actual birthday - just Butch, Lacey, Leah and me. The next day, I'll send cupcakes to Miss Lisa's. Yes, it's a day late, but I don't want her to dive into cake for her first time away from me. :-) Then, Sunday we are having her party at my dad's house. I'm going to attempt a #1 shaped cake. We'll see how it goes. For those of you that don't know, or don't remember, I made a caterpillar (from Baby Einstein) for Lacey's first birthday. I was quite proud of myself. I'm not exactly Betty Crocker.

This week is going to be a bit hectic. I have to work at a convention in DC and smile at a booth for a couple of days. Fun stuff. It's actually a very busy convention, so the time goes by somewhat quick. And, since there are several of us, we are able to take turns and not work super long days. I also have a cocktail hour on Monday night at late dinner on Wednesday night with this client.

Chuck & Nancy are coming into town on Saturday. We've been telling Lacey for so long that Grandma & Poppy are coming for Leah's birthday that she is probably starting to wonder if they are ever coming. Hehe. You know how a 3 year old brain works.

They are actually going to stay for over a week to help out while I'm on business travel. I have to leave on Friday, July 11 to head to Philadelphia for another convention. I'm not so lucky with this one. It's only me working our booth, so the days will be long. And, from what I hear (this is my first time at this one), it's not super busy since the attendees are in session quite a bit. The days are 9:00-5:30 for 3 days, then 7:30-1:00 the last day. Yuck. But, I will have the chance to sleep while I am there....you know....without Leah or Lacey waking me up. I plan to take full advantage of that. No late nights for me! (Not that I'll know anyone, anyway.)

I'm sort of a lame traveler on my own. When I go by myself, I'm happy to hang out in the hotel room, watching TV, reading and ordering room service. I'm not big on experiencing a new city by myself. Well....sometimes I do. I remember doing that when I was younger, anyway. It's just not as fun by yourself.

Back to C/N's visit. Since I'll be gone for several days, they are going to stay for a bit and help Butch out some. It will be nice to have some extra hands to entertain the girls and help out a bit. If nothing else, having adult conversation will be nice. I think that is the hardest part - for me - about staying home with them for a couple of days on my own. I'm dying for adult speak.

Anywho......let's practice....."Happy Birthday to you...." I'll make sure and post some pics from Leah's party when the time comes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh.......sleep?? You won't know how to act! I bet you can't even sleep straight thru the night!
Dee

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way if I travel on my own. I have no problem ordering room service, laid up on the big comfy bed with nothing else to do but read a magazine or watch tv. That's the life!