Wednesday, October 03, 2007

September

So, I'll try my best to do a rather quick recap of our September. It won't be everything, but I'll update you as I remember it. We had a pretty good month.

Leah started daycare a few weeks ago and is doing really well. I'm so happy that we paid Lisa to save the spot for Leah. It was quite nice feeling OK dropping Leah off somewhere. I knew she'd be well taken care of. I was totally unsure of how things would go with her eating, though. Since I'm still breastfeeding, I have no clue how much she takes at a feeding. That was honestly the biggest challenge of sending her. But, we've gotten through it.
Lacey has adjusted well to having her sister with her. She is a bit possessive and didn't initially want anyone talking to "her baby", but other than that, she's good.
A couple of weeks ago, Lacey went potty at daycare! Wow....the first time. That was a Friday. Then, on Sunday, she was running around naked after her bath (common occurance in our house for her) and she said she had to go potty. She says this often. She sits. For 2 seconds. Wipes and flushes. Nothing comes out. However....this time, she meant it. We weren't even in there with her, b/c she always says it and never does. We've had no success since then, but at least a little movement in the right direction.
On the 15th, we went to the Charles County Fair and had a ball. Leah was content in her stroller almost the entire time. Lacey rode a pony and did not hesitate at all about hopping on.

She rode several rides, but then it was all ruined when I (bad mommy) let her ride a kiddie roller coaster and it completely freaked her out. She just about flew out of it b/c she wasn't sitting down. So, after 1 lap on it, they stopped it and she got off....and was over the rides and ready to go home. I took off the following Friday & took her to the St. Mary's Fair. She still wanted nothing to do with the rides, but enjoyed all the farm animals and rode a pony again.
My birthday was the 22nd. As I was opening cards, Lacey kept insisting it was her birthday. Silly goose. Butch got me a charm for my bracelet with Leah's birthstone. That night, we even got to go out. Kristina babysat for us (along with Rick). We went to the Civista Wine Tasting with Dee and Buck and several of their friends. It was a nice night out. But, I had too much wine and felt it the next morning!!! With 2 little ones, that's why we don't go out much!
What else?
Oh - work. I started back a few weeks ago with working 1/2 days from home. The first week, I had Leah with me and just worked during her catnaps. The next week, she started daycare, but I kept my 1/2 days so I could try to run errands. Then, last week, I started the hellish coummute again. I'm leaving 20-30 min. later than I used to so that I can nurse Leah and help Butch get the girls to the car. So, I'm stuck in slightly worse traffic than usual. I hate that drive. Then, I found myself stressing b/c I was so late getting in (8:30-9:00 instead of 7:30-8:00) and really can't stay later b/c I need to get home to nurse Leah. So, I talked to my supervisor (whom I've known for 14 years and consider a friend) and she basically said not to worry. I knew she'd say that. I just needed to have the conversation to feel better.
Work itself is going okay. I'm just trying my best to dig out. Others handled things that were "must do" while I was out, but lots of stuff just sat....waiting for my return. And, my head isn't in the game completely yet.
2 Client Execs (my job) left while I was out on leave. Lovely. They are looking for replacements. When you pile more & more work on people without any real compensation increase, they leave. This is what happens. I hope the powers that be aren't surprised. We're lucky to get something "close" to cost of living each year.
I'll try to do another post in the next few days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very lucky - great daycare AND an understanding boss. Very important things!