Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Our lovely weekend....

Well, it really started last week.

Thursday
Butch got a call from Miss Lisa at 3:00 --- Lacey had a 101* fever. He left to go pick her up & I left work, too. I was thinking we could meet at the doc's office since I was guessing she had an ear infection. However, the pediatrician could not get us in. So, we went home. I took Lacey to the after hours place Thursday evening.

This left Butch with Leah - to get her fed and to bed. She didn't like that idea. I talked to him on the phone twice & both times Leah was screaming. I guess that she is okay with the bottle in the daytime, but wants momma in the evening. Anyway, she took a catnap after eating an ounce or so from a bottle, then woke when I got home for her normal routine.

At the doctor's appointment......yep, an ear infection. We went all last season without antibiotics once for Lacey. This year she has had them 2x already. Crazy.

Friday
Lacey stayed home with me since they aren't supposed to be back at daycare until 24 hours after a fever is gone. I was planning to work as best as I could with her here. However, I realized that in my haste to leave on Thursday, I left my laptop at work!!! My boss was very understanding and supportive and just said to work offline as best as I could. Love her.

Saturday
Everything seemed to be going okay. Until Leah woke at 10:30. After I went back to bed, I thought, "did she feel warm?". So, when she woke an hour or 2 later, we took her temp. Yep, she was warm. Very warm.......102* if I remember correctly. So she got Tylenol, but she woke throughout the night.

Sunday
Leah was fighting the temp in next morning, so back to the after hours place I went. She had no signs of infection, so we went home thinking "just a virus".

After Leah & I got home, I was snuggling with Lacey & realized she was warm. On antibiotics, but had a fever. Ugh. Hers was also pretty high. This went on all day and at 8:15 p.m., she threw up. Then, she was a different kid. Fever was gone and she was feeling good. She actually said "I'm tired of being sick!".

Monday
Leah's fever seemed to be gone. Then it was back in the afternoon. Gone again at bedtime. Back in the wee hours this a.m., so more Tylenol.

Tuesday
I took her to the pediatrician, despite the big happy smile she gave me when she woke this morning. Sure enough.....an ear infection for Leah, too. Poor girl. She actually was hurting so badly that after nursing at 5:30 a.m., she wouldn't again until 12:30 p.m. Poor girl. Hopefully she'll be feeling much better tonight with a couple of doses in her system. She's sleeping now.

Whew.

Butch & I were planning to go to the Sotterly Wine Fest on Sunday with the girls after church. (What a combination for the day, huh?) Anyway, that went out the window.

Assuming everyone is fairly healthy, we are planning to do some fun things this weekend. There is a Farm Festival and Lacey has really been into anything farm related lately. And, Dad will be there since the Optimist Club is doing something there. And, we're planning to go to the pumpkin farm, too. Lacey loved it last year.....I imagine she'll love it even more this year.

Oh - I actually have my laptop, thanks to our administrative assistant who lives nearby. She drove it to my house on Friday evening.

I think that covers the fun stuff we've been up to. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure don't miss those days of taking sick little ones to the doctor every time you turn around. Just keep telling yourself it gets better as they get older. Hope you get to do some of your "fun" things this weekend. Hope our girls are both feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Whew!!! You had told me about them being sick, but reading that made me exhausted. Poor little babies:(
I'm so glad they're feeling better!!

-Cousin Kristin