Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Leah's Baptism

Leah's Baptism is scheduled for November 25.

We have a new pastor at our church. Her first Sunday was July 1. Leah's birthday. And, we haven't made an attempt at going to church since Leah was born. Not b/c of Leah. But, b/c Lacey hates the nursery so much.

Well, when I called to schedule the baptism, the pastor said she wanted to meet with us. And, she asked if we'd been there recently. I ended up feeling like bad parents and bad church members by the end of the call.

We met with her yesterday at 3:30. I really thought it would be about 30 minutes. Nope. We walked out around 4:45. We both felt like we were being quizzed on our knowledge of the Bible for a good chunk of the time we were there. And, also lectured for not bringing our little ones to church. She is a believer in having the little ones in the service and not in the nursery -- even though it might be difficult at first. So we are going to try that. Again. We have tried that before and Lacey ends up making so much noise that one of us (me) ends up sitting in the van with her. But, we'll try again.

Man, I miss Pastor Phil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you do miss Pastor Phil! You hadn't told me about that visit! Don't be too hard on yourself for not going to church. I didn't go too much either when mine were little. You'll get there. The only way they'll learn is to go, so just give it a try. Give that new pastor a big ole dose of Lacey! ;>)

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to Pastor Phil? I liked him!