Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Snow

Normally, I am the person defending our area about school closings to people that grew up or live in areas like MN, IA, PA....where they get snow all the time. My argument is typically two-fold. 1) We don't get enough snow to invest in the equipment necessary to clean the roads quickly. 2) We close schools by county. But in many states that get lots of snow, they close by district. If you close by county, perhaps it doesn't look so bad outside your window, but the counties are BIG and there can be a big difference 30 miles away.

We had a VERY SMALL snow fall last night. Schools were closed. I can't defend it. From what we heard, everyone had a dusting to 2 inches. Open 2 hours late and get things cleaned up. Give me a break.

On the other hand, Butch got the day off and is cleaning the house and doing some painting. And, I had an easy drive to work since traffic volume was light. I guess I can't complain!

No comments: