Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow, Church, Tea

I'm sitting at the computer, but have trouble staring at it because snow is falling outside. It's our first snow of the season. They are estimating 1-2 inches, I think. Depends on what radio or TV station you believe/listen to. There may be sleet or freezing rain mixed in later tonight - but hopefully not. So, depending on how things turn out, Lacey may be able to use her snowsuit that I bought her in November. I had to have one b/c she needed to be prepared for snow if it happened on a daycare day. (I can't believe Miss Lisa bundles all those kids up, but she does.)

After many months of missing church, we got our butts motivated this morning and went. First off, we weren't skipping b/c we were lazy. We skipped b/c Lacey couldn't sit still and she hated the nursery. Happily, she's grown up enough that she seems to like the nursery now. We started off with her in the service with us so she could go up for the children's sermon. She liked that, but didn't want to get out of my arms. When we sat back down, she was wanting Rev. Phil's puppet that he used in the children's sermon. So, it was time to try the nursery. She was the only kid to start out. The lady held out her arms and Lacey went right to her. Ahhhh. When we went back in to get her, the lady said she didn't fuss once. Maybe we can get on a roll now. I really do like our church and enjoy Phil's sermons - so does Butch since Phil often uses references to sports during his sermons. Today's big message was about being an "arm waving" person-- to always cheer people on even when they have lost a game or things aren't going well.

I think we're heading over to Dee's for a visit and some yummy soup later today. Buck is making veggie soup and potato soup. Dad is going over there, too (Amazing....he's leaving his house 2 weekends in a row to visit one of his kids?).

Yesterday, I went to a tea at Casey Jones in LaPlata with Dee, Kristin and Susan (a friend of Dee's). It was "interesting". ;-) The tea was good and the dessert was good, but I wasn't very thrilled with the lunch. I am a picky eater (although much better than I was even 10 years ago). I was prepared, though -- I'd eaten lunch before going since the tea wasn't until 1:30.

Last night was a nice hot bath with candles and an early bedtime. I had a head-ache (migraine?) again yesterday, so I was in need of both. I feel MUCH better today.

Lacey is talking non-stop these days. It started right around the 1st of the year. She says most everything we say and she is so much better about saying what she wants rather than whining. I love it.

I've been feeling pretty good through the pregnancy, other than the head-aches and sometimes back aches. (I haven't had back pain since starting back with the chiro, though.) I'm 17 weeks today. Kristin was asking me to convert that to months, so if someone else out there needs me to do that, I'm almost 4 months. I signed up for a pregnancy yoga class that starts March 1. Can't wait. I need some motivation to do some exercise. It's only 5 weeks, but I'm hoping it gets me going.

3 comments:

Raechelle said...

Wow, just getting your first snowfall?! I can't believe I got snow before you did. And we've already been through 2 rounds!

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Since Ms. LJ is talking up a storm, you'll need to get that video going on the digital camera so I at can at least hear what she sounds like since apparently, I'm not even going to meet her until she's at least 10 years old! Oh, and I have to do her "picture disc" don't I? I need to do that before her 2nd birthday (they're coming to her in years . . .) Go figure (from Feb. 1 to Feb. 1 of each year!).

Anonymous said...

Susan and I agreed that we were disappointed in the Tea. So, we will have to do another one to see if Casey's can redeem themselves.
Pregnancy Yoga - good for you!