Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome 2007!

We had a very boring NYE here. All day I had a head-ache that was wiping me out. The neighbor's were having a NYE party, but it was adults only. They had gotten a babysitter to watch the kids at another house and someone was going to go check every hour or so. But, I thought Lacey was too young for that. Plus, she doesn't really know the other kids well. So, we decided to make Cream of Crab Soup and rent DaVinci Code on Directv. I also made a dessert - the Almond Pound Cake from Tastefully Simple.

Well....the Cream of Crab Soup didn't turn out great. It was okay, but needed a little spice or something. And, it didn't thicken as much as I would have liked. I'm going to do some research on other recipes and see if I can improve upon it. The pound cake was AWESOME. It even smells heavenly, thanks to the almond. The movie started at 8:00 (after L was in bed) and I made it until about 8:40. With the head-ache (migraine?) I thought I needed to just sleep.

So, throughout the night when I woke up (this happens often when you are pregnant), I realized that I still had the head-ache. At around 5:00 a.m., I decided it might be a sinus head-ache, so I found the Tylenol Sinus and took that. It helped a little. Throughout New Year's Day, I still had the freakin' head-ache. By late afternoon, I had decided it must be a migraine. I always thought they were on one side of your head, but maybe not. A head-ache that persists for 36 hours and makes me that miserable must be a migraine.

I started having some migraine symptoms before I got pregnant. A few occasions with "halo" vision and a few occasions with sharp pains on one side. But, they never progressed beyond that. I mentioned it to my OB at my last appt. and he warned me that if I was already have issues before pregnancy, I could expect them to be worse during the 2nd trimester. Lovely. The 1 trimester where you are supposed to feel great and have energy.

Anyway, by the early evening, the head-ache was going away. I was able to finish the movie last night.

Lacey was a dream all weekend. She slept through 2 of the 3 nights, had a 3 hour nap on Sunday and a 2.5 hour nap on Monday. Just what a mommy with a migraine needs. ;-) She was all too excited to go see Miss Lisa this morning. Quite cute.

Today, it's back to work.....at home at least. ;-) Sitting at my table in the sunroom looking out into the woods. Very nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish - not to be handing out unsolicited advice, but when you get those headaches, you might try a cold cloth on your forehead and a dark room for a while. I used to have them and that was about the only thing that would stop them. Can't say mine were connected with pregnancy, but all the same . . . . Glad it finally went away - they can be miserable.

Anonymous said...

Our New Year's Eve was anything BUT quiet! But, it was fun. Sorry you had the headache episode. At least LJ was good for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot before - talk to Bucky - he makes a great cream of crab soup!