Monday, January 15, 2007

Quiet Weekends, a visit from PaPa

We've had a few very quiet weekends and for that, I am so grateful. December just flew by and it's been nice not to have many commitments.

Yesterday, Dad came over for a visit. We had invited him for dinner, but he decided just to come over earlier. It had been 4 weeks since we'd seen any of my family. Crazy, since we all live so close. Anyway, Lacey was totally excited for PaPa to be coming over. She always does better with people when there isn't a huge crowd. She was having fun showing him all of her toys and insisted that he read some books to her while she sat on his lap. I know he was enjoying it since she doesn't get like that with him often. But - she usually sees him around big crowds.

I found these cool "tights" for Lacey a few weeks ago. They are really something like leg warmers, but go all the way up the legs. The idea is that it's easier to change diapers than with regular tights. I do really like them. Lacey is a bit obsessed about them. If she sees them, she wants them on.

We're still working on organizing things since clearing so much out of Lacey's future room. I think that's going to take a while. I don't want to put anything in the basement unless/until it's organized b/c I know if we do it will be "lost" forever.

Can't tell you how excited I was to have 24 start back up last night! I love that show! We'll get to see it for 2 more hours tonight and then have to wait an entire week. Blah! Of course, this TV addict will have plenty of other shows recording, so it's not like I'll be in total withdrawal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad Lacey enjoyed her visit with PaPa. She's getting so big! I need to see her!