Friday, January 05, 2007

Lacey's "New" Room

So, with a new baby brother or sister on the way for Lacey, we've (I've) been mentally preparing to decorate Lacey's new bedroom. I'm not planning to move her in immediately, but thought it might be good to get it set up so she gets used to the idea and can play in the room and maybe take a nap in there before we do an official "move" for her.

The first big chore was to clean her "new" room out. You see, it was our office. The plan was initially to put the office in the basement when we finished it, but since we've decided not to finish the basement yet ($$$$), we moved onto Plan B. We moved the computer from that room into the guest bedroom. It's a little snug, but works fine. And I've slowly been clearing other things out. It's amazing how much "stuff" we have. Anyway, I'm hoping to make more progress on cleaning it out this weekend so we can soon start to paint and decorate.

I am pretty sure that I've decided on a bedspread from Pottery Barn Kids. It's yellow with pretty pink flowers. I can even "buy" a gift card for PBK by using my American Express points.

I've gone back & forth on toddler bed versus twin bed, but I think we're going for twin. (Dee, this means we'll need the mattress & box spring back that you guys borrowed.) I'm not even planning to put it on a frame or anything yet so that if she falls, it will be closer to the ground. Yes, we are going to use side rails, but the girl is the most restless sleeper I've ever seen. I'm not sure the rail will keep her in!!!

When we moved into this house, it seemed perfect because the previous owners had a 3 year old daughter and a nursery was already decorated with Winnie the Pooh -- one of my 2 ideas for Lacey's nursery. So, being 4.5 months pregnant or so, it was nice to not have to worry about another thing to do. But, now I feel like I was gipped a little. I'm excited about decorating this room for her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you're ready for the mattress and box spring. Have fun decorating Lacey's room.