Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Annoying Cold, L's birthday, visit from a friend

On Sunday, I started feeling a cold coming on. You know the feeling....sore throat....just not quite "right". But, I was hopeful that it would go away. That's happened to me twice this season. Maybe because of the prenatal vitamins. Or maybe because I am a huge fan of acidophilus now. (For those of you that don't know, it's the good stuff that is in yogurt. The good bacteria. Lots of health benefits. And, I take a capsule everyday.)

Unfortunately, this cold has decided to stick. My luck has run out. I've had a sore throat since Sunday and it's really swollen. Tylenol seems to be helping, though. The other problem is that I feel really tired/groggy. Usually I blame that on cold meds, but I'm not taking any. I'm debating on taking some sick time tomorrow (if I still feel this way) to just rest. We'll see how I feel. I may at least work at home tomorrow so I don't have to get dressed nice & drive in.

Chuck & Nancy are arriving on Friday afternoon to spend a long weekend with us. Lacey's birthday is on Friday and her party is on Saturday. Just sticking to family again this year. We really only know 1 other family that has a kid Lacey's age and that's the one that Lacey isn't crazy about (code name: The Taker). I don't think it would be smart to invite her to the party. ;-)

Aunt Annie's gifts arrived yesterday and Lacey saw me unpack them from the box. She wanted them. Now. I didn't have the heart to say "no" b/c I would have wanted them now, too. Hehe. I let her open 1 (a book) and she immediately said "more!". So, she opened the others, too.

A good friend is coming to town this weekend for some conference on breast cancer. She was diagnosed at a very young age (in her 30's) and has battled not only that, but the side effects of chemo (heart issues), etc. She is a fighter and she inspires me. We used to work together, but she & her family moved to FL several years ago. Anyway, I'm not sure about the conference, but she has apparently gotten very involved in the fight against breast cancer. A few of us are meeting her for dinner in Old Town Alexandria tomorrow night. It will be so good to see her.

Can't think of much else!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just make sure I get pictures of her in her birthday presents - I can't wait to see her in them! And I hope she has a wonderful birthday party - wish I could be there.