Monday, February 12, 2007

A busy weekend

The main accomplishment was getting Lacey's new bedroom painted. I asked Butch if he wanted to do it or if I should and his response was "you are better at it". Which is true. But, I really didn't feel like doing all that work. ;-) I started on Saturday during Lacey's nap, but only got 1 coat on 1 wall because my darling husband bought 1 quart. Only 1 quart. To do a whole bedroom. Good thing I love him. Anyway, he was also able to get most of the trim work done (1 coat) with that 1 quart. So, early Sunday, he headed back to Lowe's to get more paint. And, I got started around 9:30. At around noon, I took a break for lunch. Then when Lacey napped, I was able to finish the 2nd coat on the walls and be done. Of course, my back ached like crazy last night, so I had the heating pad out. And, I'm sore all over today. But, we love the color (scotch butter) and it's DONE. Lacey even seemed to like the color. It was quite cute - when she saw it all painted, she just kept smiling and looking at the walls.

Dee & Buck brought the twin bed back. (They had borrowed it since Kyle always had so many kids staying the night.) They picked up Dad on the way, so it was a nice visit and Lacey was happy to see everyone. It's sad to say, but Dee & Buck hadn't seen Lacey since our Christmas celebration (a week before Christmas). How we live so close, but don't get together more often is beyond me.

While they were there, Lacey made sure to show Aunt Dee her new bedspread. I'm hoping her excitement at all of this stuff will mean a decent transition for her when the time comes. We should be able to have her room completly set up by next weekend. We still need to clean the carpet before doing anything else.

Hmmm....what else has been going on?

On Thursday, I had to attend a gala for a client. It's actually a nice event honoring teachers. It's just LONG. It starts around 6:30 with a reception and isn't done until around 10:45. It's in DC, so then I have over an hour drive home. And, it was COLD. I didn't wear a coat (stupid) because I didn't think about standing outside waiting for my car from valet. Stupid. It was probably single digits and I was in a sleeveless dress with a wrap. A wonderfully nice man gave me his coat while we waited. Bless him.

I had a doc appt. last week and Dr. Aron (whom I adore) said as I was leaving "you're looking great - keep up the good work". Now you know why I adore him. Not a peep about gaining too much weight or anything. Love him. I think I've gained about what I had with Lacey at this point - about 16 pounds or so.

Three colleagues from our Des Moines office are coming in this afternoon. One of them is actually my very good friend (that lived with me for a while before moving back to Des Moines), so I'm going out to dinner with them. We are supposed to have a meeting tomorrow from 9:00 to 1:00 and it should be interesting to see what happens.....because they are calling for a winter storm. Starting as snow sometime after midnight....turning to sleet.....turning to freezing rain. I hope the freezing rain holds off until well after the meeting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A man gave you his coat while you waited?? That is soooo nice! I can't believe you did't have a coat, missy! And you do gotta love Doc Aron - he's the best. When he's looking at my chart or having a conversation about something he'll say "Now how old are you, it's 29 right?" ;>)