Monday, December 11, 2006

A visit to Santa

On Thursday, daycare was closed. (In my opinion, one of the only downfalls of in-home daycare -- it's only 1 caregiver and she DOES deserve some time off.) Anyway, Lacey stayed home with me and I had the day off. So, after a nap, we headed for the mall....and a visit to Santa. Normally, Lacey is not a fan of the stoller, but she got in without a fight. She was an angel for me - not complaining once as we stood in line at NY & Company. After we finished, we went to find Santa. In line, she stayed in her stroller and was just checking everyone out. She would point to Santa and say "Santy!" with delight. When we were next in line, he waved at her. The nerve. She just just turned her back. I let her out of the stroller and she walked through the entrance with me, but walked in the other direction....away from that scary man with a beard and hat. What was momma thinking, walking toward him? So, as any good mother would do, I picked her up & plopped her on his lap (after trying to calmly get her on his lap). She screamed. I told them just to take the pic. They took 4. There were 2 where she screamed so much her eyes were closed. Anyway, she recovered a few seconds after I picked her up and we have this wonderful picture to share. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's priceless - it's definitely a picture that I'll include on the discs that I'm keeping for her!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a memory! It's even funnier than when I first saw it. Man, don't we torment our kids!

Anonymous said...

Love it! You should have had both of your pictures taken with Santa.