Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Party

We had our "annual" Christmas party on Saturday. Just after Thanksgiving, I started putting up decorations. The weekend before the party we got the tree. We scaled back on the number of people invited because it was a bit overwhelming last year (probably about 50 people). We weren't really able to talk to everyone. There were probably about 30 adults and a few kids this year. Just right.

There was TONS of food...too much despite trying to cut back from last year. Meatballs, hanky panks, veggies, crab dip, fiesta dip, cucumber sandwiches (pampered chef), buffalo chicken dip, etc., etc. Yum-o. And, of course, lots of sweets. (I had a migraine on Sunday from eating too many of the leftover sweets.)

The drink of the evening was Frostini's. I must admit that I had a taste. I had to. With Bailey's and Godiva Liquor?! Dee & Kristin already had a glass of wine when I started making them, but that didn't stop them.
Lacey was an angel the whole time. It amazed me how easily she handled all those people being in her house. To start the night, she played with Britney (neighbor who is about 7) and they drug every last toy out of the toy box. Even with Britney leaving, Lacey went on playing. She lasted until 9:00 and probably would have stayed up if we'd let her.

Now that the party is done, we can focus on all of the other Christmas projects. I've got to finish up shopping this week. Anything for Butch's family (and Lacey) needs to be shipped to Atlanta since we'll be there for Christmas. And, everything for my family needs to be done because we are having brunch on Sunday to celebrate since we leave the following weekend.

I managed to get Christmas cards done for my work peeps yesterday, so I can mark that off my list. I still need to address all of our personal ones. Another thing to be done this week. Ugh. So much to do.

On top of all of the holiday preparations, our office is moving on Friday. Same building, same floor, just a new spot. So, I spent the entire day yesterday packing my office. (I have cuts on my hand to prove it.) I still have a few boxes left to do tomorrow. (I'm working at home today.) Thursday is our dept. holiday lunch and Friday is the floor holiday lunch. Whew.

Today, I have a doctor's appt. and have to do the Gestational Diabetes test. Hate that. The stuff I have to drink is yucky. (Speaking of, I need to get that in the fridge so it tastes a little better.) And, last time I failed it and had to go for the 3 hour test....drinking that stuff several times and sitting in the waiting area of a lab for 3 hours.
And, despite that test this afternoon, I'm having a hard time staying away from all of those sweets today. I have to wait until after the test!!!
Here's a funny story: Butch took leftovers for lunch to work yesterday. Put the meatballs into the microwave and couldn't figure out what the smell was. He had taken peanut butter balls instead of meatballs! So, they were melted all over the place.
Okay...better get some work done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you shared the pic of your lush sister and niece! But who could turn down a Frostini???
Poor Butch - hope he took something else for lunch that day!