Thursday, October 12, 2006

Scrapbooking

Aunt Marilyn gave me a scrapbook and lots of supplies for my baby shower nearly 21 months ago. I laughed and said "I don't know how to do this!". She had the outside decorated beautifully - the crafty, creative person that she is.

So, I've been wanting to get moving on that project for a while. I got some scrapbooking magazines about a year ago. Dee got me a book for Christmas last year. And, it all just seemed too overwhelming. I finally found a "class" in Prince Frederick - about 20 min. from our house. It's a 1 night beginners class. I've been watching it for about 6 months. I finally went last night!!!

It wasn't much of a "class", but she did go over the different tools and helped some with ideas. I managed to get 2 pages done - Lacey's 1st 2 days of life. I'm excited b/c I bought a couple of tools that will help me continue with this. And, I feel like I know a little better what I'm doing.

There is a follow up class next Monday and I'm going to work on a page for my pregnancy.

No, I won't have the time to turn into a scrapbook queen. But, it was GREAT to have a night out "on my own". I'm hoping to at least do scrapbooks for Lacey and her sibling (whenever that time comes) and maybe other "special" ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Maybe once you get started you'll get on a roll. I always tell Susan to just start fresh - don't try and go back and "get caught up on all the pictures." But, she never does that - says she'll get them all done or die trying. I think I'm waiting for grandchildren to start my scrapbooking. ;>)