Thursday, October 12, 2006

Rude People

I just don't get how some people can be so rude. There is this woman who works in my building and she is always walking so fast that you'd think there was a freakin' fire. If you are behind her, don't think for a second she's going to hold the door for you. I get behind her frequently from the garage and it's the same thing every time. Ugh. Today, she got on the elevator I was on -- going down to the lobby -- and rushed off as soon as the door opened. Forget that I was standing closer to the doors. Then, she rushed off ahead and let the door going outside slam in my face. What is with people?! Then, when I came back into the lobby, I got on an elevator that decided to ignore the buttons I was pushing. I pushed my floor 3 times and had to push "close door" to get it moving. Right at that time, Miss Rude (or insert any descriptive word you'd like to here) walked up to get on. I, being a *nice* person, actually pushed "open door" to let her on (why, I don't know...she doesn't deserve it). I mentioned that the doors were being a pain & she hopped off. I guess b/c she couldn't be bothered? It wasn't going to be fast enough? So, I held up the freakin' door for her and she didn't even take the elevator.

At lunch today, walking back from High Noon (my fav salad place in the world), I had to step out of the way for a group of 4 women that thought they really needed to walk side by side. Across the whole sidewalk. So that those of us going the opposite direction had to move. I say it again...what is with people???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish - As you get older, you'll find more and more rude people. On the sidewalk, don't move for them - run into them; on the elevator, don't hold the door for anyone, unless it's some little old lady (like me). Sad that we have to be that way, isn't it???

Anonymous said...

I think I'd have to make Miss Rude my "project." Smile at her so much and be so nice to her that she HAS to be nice back - kill her with kindness. Plus, you'll probably annoy her while you work on the project, so that will be extra satisfaction for you. ;>) I'm with you though - there are alot of rude people in this world. Don't know why.

The Hamilton's said...

Dee - It's hard to make her my project when she walks so fast that I can't ever catch her. ;-)