Saturday, March 06, 2010

A March Weekend

We've been having a nice quiet weekend and I love it. We did absolutely nothing Friday night. Lacey fell asleep pretty quickly (8:30 or so) and Leah (as usual) didn't fall asleep until 9:00ish. I'm pretty sure that that will be the case until her naps are done. And, they won't be done until she's in pre-K (another 18 months).

I stayed up for a bit & watched Ghost Whisperer while sipping a glass of wine. (I bought a new one that I had at Bonefish Grill. I don't like it as much as I did at the restaurant!)

I had plans to go to the gym today for the Turbo Kick class at 9:30. But, Leah had a slight fever again (100.3) and has had a slight cold for over a week, so I took her to the doctor for a 9:00 appointment to check out her ears. That is so frustrating. I know body temps fluctuate through the day, but 100.3 seems a bit high for that. When she had her bad ear infection in early December, I asked if her ears hurt & she said "no". So, obviously, I can't count on her answers. Anyway, her ears and everything else were fine. And, the temp was gone. I told Butch I'm putting the darn thermometer away. I just wish she would answer me honestly on whether things hurt and things would be much easier.

I digress....

So, I didn't make it to the gym for my class. Leah & I met Butch & Lacey in La Plata for Leah's dance/gymnastics class. This week, he went to her class while Lacey & I went to Target.

When we got home.....I tried out the new treadmill! Hooray for me! It's pretty awesome. I didn't realize when we bought it that it has built in fans. :-) Nice little feature. I walked for 30 min., with a little bit of running mixed in at the end to boost the calories burned. It felt great to get in a workout.

I'm hoping I can get on a schedule of doing that in the morning. On office days, that will be tough....like 4:30 a.m. tough. So, if the kids don't sleep well, it won't happen. On work at home days, it would be about 6:00 a.m. We'll see how it goes. I know that's the best time of day for me to really do it.

We got the girls outside today for a bit. The high today was supposed to be in the low 50's, but I don't know if that happened or not. It was windy, but the sun was shining brightly. Love it! It does wonders for my attitude.

We managed to fold lots of clean laundry, and do 3 more loads. Yikes. Laundry is like rabbits with multiplying. Especially with kids.

Once the kids fall asleep, I'm planning to watch a little more TV before bed. I'm hopeful for an earlier sleep time for Leah since she had an early & short nap today.

Tomorrow, I will hit the treadmill in the morning. I was hoping to have us all go to the park for late morning fun & a picnic since tomorrow is another nice day, but Butch has to go to work for an Open House from 11:30 to 3:00.

Tomorrow night we are having dinner at Dad's house. We'll head over sometime in the afternoon to visit a bit. I need to figure out what our contribution to dinner is. He's got ribs and chicken; Dee/Buck are bringing potatoes. Maybe we'll bring salad or something healthy like that.

[Speaking of salad, Leah-Lou loves romaine lettuce. Amazing. She dips it in Ranch, but she'll eat mine (in light creamy ceasar), too. Lacey has tried it a few times after seeing Leah eat it.]

No comments: