Friday, March 05, 2010

Lacey's 5th Birthday

Wow. I have a 5 year old. It's been 5 years since our lives changed by having a baby!
Lacey had entirely too many celebrations! (Although, now that I think about it, it's kind of cool to have 5 celebrations for your 5th birthday.)

On her birthday, I woke her up by whispering in her ear, "Happy Birthday" and she woke up with a huge smile. She was so excited. I sent pink iced donuts to Miss Lisa's for morning snack. (I only wish I'd saved one for myself!) Then, for school, I sent pink iced cupcakes. They were bought at Food Lion. (You have to send store bought things these days because of allergy issues.) I had never seen Food Lion's pink.....wow......I should have taken a picture. They were shocking pink. Hot pink. Crazy pink.

We let Lacey open up presents from Grandma & Poppy and us before dinner. For dinner, we let Lacey pick what to do....she picked Bert's! Always a win. Once we were at home, we had Pinkalicious cupcakes.
(Have you realized, yet, what Lacey's favorite color is?)

The rest of the week went by normally.....

On Saturday, Lacey had her first "friends" birthday party! It was awesome! We had it at Flips, which is where they take gymnastics. Several kids from daycare came and a few from dance class. Including Lacey, there were 11 kids and that was perfect. Mr. Ken (the teacher) was amazing with the kids. I've seen him with babies before, but not the bigger kids. He has a gift.

They did a couple of things that really put Lacey at the center of attention. What a difference! A year ago, she probably would have been in tears, or close to it, at being watched by everyone. But, she did well....enjoyed it!
After an hour of running, playing games, being silly and wearing themselves out, we had cake and ice cream before opening gifts.

The first thing she opened was from a girl at dance class. It was a ballerina Barbie. Lacey said "I already have her!". Lovely. Hopefully the mom wasn't too offended!

On the way home, Lacey fell asleep and stayed that way (in the car) for 2 hours. Her party had wiped her out, apparently.

Some of the family came by that evening for dinner (Ledo's Pizza) and Carvel Ice Cream Cake. We were missing several, though. Rick, Kristina and Kyle were at a pool tournament. Bucky hadn't been feeling well, so he stayed home to avoid getting anyone else sick. So, it was quieter than normal

And, I should mention, those little french braids in her hair....I did them. My first attempt. Didn't look great, but I didn't think it was a bad job for a beginner. :-)

1 comment:

MUSEE DE LA RADIO MARCO POLO said...

les tresses sont française ? ak ok je ne savais pas sinon la petite fille est tres jolie on lui fait de gros bisous a la maman aussi