Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Doctor's Appointment & Update on the Girls

Leah had her 15 month check up yesterday. She was 23 pounds (50th percentile). I can't remember the height, but it was between 50th and 75th percentile, as usual. She had to get several shots....DTaP, Pneumococcal and Flu. She did awesome. No tears.

Lacey came with us so she could get her flu shot, too. I was amazed. First of all, when I took Leah down the hall to the scale, Lacey hopped on the "adult" scale as soon as we got there. This is the kid who had to be put on the baby scale....screaming....7 months ago because she was so scared. Then, I hadn't told her she was getting a shot. So, when I sat her on my lap, I explained. The nurse told her it might hurt for a second. She didn't flinch. Not when we told her, not when she got the shot, nothing. No tears. Awesome!

I talked to Dr. Jill about constipation & potty training. Lacey only uses a pull up for going #2, but I really want to get away from that. So, I told Dr. Jill I wasn't buying anymore. Her look said it all. If I do that, she will likely become severely constipated again. So....the next step is that they stay in the bathroom and that is the only place she can wear them.

After we left, we went to Target to buy Sleeping Beauty as a prize for the big girl. As soon as we got home, she lounged on the chair to watch her new movie. Not the best idea with the flu shot. Sitting still just let her muscles tighten up and made the soreness worse. She was a mess last night.

Leah....on the other hand...what shot? Seriously. She has always had reactions to the DTaP. This time, nothing. Amazing.

What else?

Lacey is excited for Halloween. She is going to be Snow White. (Thank you, Grandma.) I ordered her some little shoes and a wand to go with the dress and head band. I haven't given her the dress, yet, because I don't want it to be destroyed before Halloween. Leah is going to either be a ballerina or a Redskins cheerleader. Still debating ..... the weather may decide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for no tears for shots!!