Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Shopping and Lunch with the Girls

Daycare was closed yesterday since it was the first day of school. Miss Lisa always closes so she can focus on her own kids (smart woman). I had a $92 credit at Gymboree that couldn't be used online (stupid rules) and the store at our mall closed several months ago. So, I decided to venture out to Northern Virginia with the girls. And....my friend April lives near the mall, so I invited her & her little girl, Neela, to meet us.

You've heard me talk about Lacey's shyness around other little kids. Neela is the opposite! Completely! And, that was a bit overwhelming for Lacey. I'm not sure she ever spoke a word, other than the whispers to me.

April & I wanted to get pictures of all the girls, so I have some great (hilarious) shots of Lacey's shyness. Poor girl.

Neela wanted to do a silly face picture and Lacey was too nervous to give it her all:

Neela really wanted to sit by Lacey....Lacey wasn't so sure.

I love this one. She's almost smiling....

My goofy girl......

It was a fun day, though. It was nice to get out & the girls seemed to have fun. I used up my credit at Gymboree on some new things for Lacey. Hard to believe my girl isn't wearing "toddler" sizes anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww......poor Lacey. She can't help she's shy. She'll be ok - Aunt Dee Dee was very shy as a little girl too and look at me now! I always said I had your child (Kristin) and you would have mine! ;>)