Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mom's Morning Out and Sunday at Dad's

We had a really nice weekend. I went out to breakfast on Saturday again with the Hip Momma's group. We were there for 2+ hours again! It's always easy to talk to other moms about your kids. And, I felt refreshed when I got home. I was in a really good mood. It's amazing what some fun girl time can do for a person. It shows me how much I really need to start getting that time.



I don't think we did much else on Saturday. Nothing that stands out anyway.



Dad's birthday was Sunday. We always struggle with gift ideas for him. Dee found out that when he goes fishing or crabbing with his friend Bobby, they don't wear life jackets. Neither of them can swim. This is not good. They both think regular life jackets are "too bulky". Um, hello? You can't swim. I think it's worth dealing with a little "bulky" to save your life. Anyway.....he told Dee about a life jacket that is thin - then if you fall in, you pull a string and it inflates. So....finally....an idea for a gift! Butch went out on Sunday morning to find one of these life jackets!



Rick asked Kristina "what if it doesn't work when he pulls the string" and Kristina's answer was "well then we will all be very rich since we'll be suing the company that made it"! This thing is a one-use deal, so it isn't like you can test it! Hopefully, he'll never even have to use it!



So, Sunday afternoon, we headed to Dad's house to celebrate his 71st birthday! Dee & Buck were in Ocean City for the weekend, so it was a smaller than normal group of us. We had a yum-o dinner, then ice cream & apple pie. Dad was happy with his gift, too.



Lacey had fun swimming with her Daddy that afternoon. I chose not to get in since the water was 78*. A little chilly for my taste. Therefore, Leah was cheated since Daddy can't handle both of them in the pool. Trust me....Leah was fine. She just ran around trying to do things she's not supposed to....like climb stairs and things.



I had to take this picture so I could show you how much Lacey dislikes water on her face.....just like her quirky momma. This is her getting out of the pool to come get a "paper towel". (All towels are paper towels.) I'm cracking up looking at this picture!

After a bit of swimming, off the backyard we went to swing.




Of course, I had to get a picture of Leah & her PaPa on his birthday!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found the Hip Momma's group! And more cute pics!

Anonymous said...

That pic of Lacey cracked me up - and the fact that she calls all towels "paper towels" made me LOL!

Raechelle said...

Yer pa never seems to age. Aside from the whiter hair at the temples. He's just holdin' steady, huh?