Monday, March 10, 2008

Past Couple of Weeks

Well, the week after the girls' illnesses was somewhat normal. Chuck & Nancy came into town that Thursday for a visit. We had a bit of a wintry mix that Friday (which is the reason they came in a day sooner). Butch was off and we kept the girls home from daycare to avoid the icy roads.

Saturday, Nancy & I headed to the Crossing at Casey Jones for the Royal British Tradition Tea. We met Dee and Kristina there. It's such a nice time just going to relax. (Of course, this could be because with a 3 year old and an 8 month old, I don't get to do that much.)

The next week was a bit crazy. Miss Lisa's dad died on Monday afternoon. He'd been suffering from Alzheimer's for a couple of years and over the past several months began having other health issues. I know how sad and hard it is to lose a parent, so I thought about her a lot that week.

Of course, with daycare being closed, the girls were home again. Chuck & Nancy were still in town, but Nancy was still using a cane due to having knee surgery in January. So, I didn't think it would be good to leave them alone with both girls. (One being a 19 pound baby that needs to be carried around and up and down stairs.) It was a help having them around, though. I was able to work most of Tuesday, including conference calls, without much interruption. In fact, I headed into the office with Lacey, to pick up some papers. Butch took off on Wednesday so I could go to a client meeting. Then, I was home on Thursday & Friday. Chuck & Nancy actually left on Thursday after my morning meeting. And, Butch took off Friday morning so I could work and do a conference call. I gave up on work that afternoon and just took the afternoon off! I was too tired from balancing it all.

That weekend, Kristin had her House Warming party. She's about an hour away - in Northern VA. It was nice and we loved her place. Lots of yummy food. But, the girls weren't happy being on the floor by themselves and it started to get crowded, so we left. Leah cried from Waldorf to our house (about 20-25 min.) nonstop. Ugh. This makes me quite worried about the 5-6 hour drive to Pittsburgh.

Let's see......where are we?

The next week was pretty normal. And, last weekend was quiet. Butch had to work on Sunday at an open house for school. That was just a few hours, though.

And, now we are back into a work week. Today I was only in the office for a couple of hours before heading to Gaithersburg for a lunch and meeting. Tomorrow I'm working at home. That's good since I'm thinking I may need to see a doctor for this concussion (?). I hate to bother going when there is most likely nothing to be done, but I think I'll feel better about it.

No comments: