Sunday, March 16, 2008

Doc Visit, Pictures, Etc.

I finally got in to a doctor (from my slip/fall in the bathroom) on Wednesday. He didn't think I really had a head injury, but did think I was fighting a virus. Since I "had 2 things going on at once" (fall and virus), he wanted to do a CT Scan to be safe. That was done on Thursday and by then, my head-aches were completely gone. Seemed stupid to go, but oh well. Anyway, all must have been well since I didn't hear from him and I feel fine.

Saturday, we took the girls for pictures at Portrait Innovations. They do a great job and I wanted some of Lacey at age 3.....and some more of them together now that Leah is more active. Leah was difficult, though, because she didn't want to sit still. :-) She was all over the place. There were some great pics, though. Unfortunately, their printer was down, so we are waiting for them. They have this great package where you get TONS of pictures for a reasonable price (when you consider the number of pics). But, who needs all those pictures? We did that in the fall and it was fine since Christmas was coming & we sent a bunch out in New Year's cards. So, I decided we'd just buy what we needed. We probably have 30% (or less) of what we had in November and spent the same. Ugh. Oh well. I sort of wish we'd just bought the whole package now. I think this summer, I'm going to have a friend from work come out to do pics. She has a side business of photography and does an awesome job. She has a "sitting fee" plus the cost of the pictures, so I know it will be pricey. But, we'll probably only do it once a year from then on and she can do them at our house, with our pets, and has the benefit of really getting the kids in action.

Today, I took Lacey to Target to spend some of her birthday money. She (of course) picked out little Barbie's (Mariposa). And, they were naked in no time. Do all little girls do this? Sometimes she'll dress them again, but often, her dolls will be naked. Strange girl.

Thursday, we'll be leaving for Pittsburgh. We're taking Brady to a kennel the night before and a neighbor/student at Butch's school is going to cat sit. We're piling the girls in the van early on Thursday (7:30ish) and once we get into the Pittsburgh area, we'll be stopping to see Becky. She is one of the girls on my February Sweethearts board. (These are the women that I met online over 3.5 years ago. We were all pregnant and due to be first time moms in February 2005. Amazing how close we've stayed after all this time.) Anyway, I'll get to meet Becky and her two kiddos. After a visit there, we'll head to Grandma and Poppy's house for a couple of nights. Should be fun. I'm just hoping that Leah deals with the long drive well. Pray for me. :-) I know Lacey will be fine. She's got the DVD player and I've started a little stash of new treats for the car (magna doodle, paper, Easter Bunny is Comin' to Town DVD, etc.).

Leah is waking.......bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your CT scan was ok. I go away for a week and look what happens! ;>) That's neat that you get to actually meet Becky!
Dee