Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Holiday Weekend

We had a nice long weekend here. Butch & I were both off and daycare was closed. I wish the weather had been either a little warmer, or that we'd had snow! Instead, we were stuck inside most of the time b/c it was so cold. After being in for 2 days, we headed to Red Robin for lunch on Monday and it was soooo good. I love that place. We rarely go out to dinner with the kids b/c it's a pain. Lacey usually wants to run around, so we haven't even tried it for several months. One of us normally ends up taking her out of the restaurant or something. But, she's turned a corner and was wonderful on Monday. She tried to get down once, and I told her 'no', so she hopped right back up and colored.

Oh - I had a hickie. Yes, that's right. On my chin. From Leah. She likes to bite my chin....which I was okay with before she got 2 teeth. So, now I try to keep her away. Well, my neck was hurting and she'd grabbed hold of my hair on both sides to pull me to her......and I couldn't jerk away without horrible pain b/c of my neck. So, she sucked on my chin and I didn't think much of it. Until I went to put on make-up. I tried to take a picture, but it just wasn't working. To get the angle that I needed, you'd be looking up my nose, which is just not okay. Thankfully, the hickie is now gone.

Yesterday, I received a belated Christmas gift and card from my friend, Barb. I had to read the card several times because I was so confused. She had a baby on 12/31/07. I had NO IDEA she was pregnant! Some friend I am! We went to high school together and were really close. Then, she moved to Las Vegas after graduation. We used to be so much better at staying in touch. In fact, I was a maid of honor in her wedding (in Lake Tahoe) and had gone out for her weekend bachelorette party (Napa Valley). But, after I realized she'd been pregnant for 9 months and I had no clue, I realized that we've been really bad at staying in touch! She thought she had told me.... Anyway, I'm going to be better about that. (Any of you that read this and aren't good at staying in touch.....take a lesson from this!)

Our good friends, Agnes & Trampas are coming for a visit next month. I'm looking forward to seeing them and having some adults (that aren't family or people from work) to hang out with. (Our friends are thrown about the country and we really don't have anyone that we hang out with around here.) Anyway, they are only coming for an overnight visit, but I can't wait.

I can't believe that Lacey will be 3 in another month. It's crazy. I told her about having a "princense" birthday party and she was soooo excited. I was telling everyone that would come. When I said "Jessica", her face brighted and she said "Steckita"! I love Steckita! So funny.

Lacey is no longer scared of Brady (hooray)! She has learned to tell Brady "no bite" and is quite bossy with her now. It's pretty funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, you need to be training miss Lacey June to say: "Kristin...I love Kristin!" She can even get my name wrong too, if she wants. I watched her little butt being born for God's sake. She needs to be spreading the love. Little turd.

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's what you get for letting your baby bite on your chin! I'm glad Lacey isn't afraid of Brady anymore. At least you didn't let 18 years go by without contacting a friend like I did! Kristin, you need to schedule a babysitting date so you can have some "fun" time with Lacey. ;>)