Monday, January 07, 2008

Ahhh....it's the weekend

So, this post will probably be dated 1/7, but I'm writing it on 1/12. I uploaded some pics on 1/7 and saved the post to do later.....and it doesn't update the date. Stupid.

Anyway, I thought I should do a quick update. Even though there isn't much going on around here, so there isn't much interesting to say.

I have Tastefully Simple Beer Bread in the oven right now. MMMMmmmmm. So good. And, I am so bad. I always find something to ruin any weight loss attempts. I signed up for Weight Watchers at Work before the holidays. It was a special 7 week thing to try to avoid gaining over the holidays. And, it worked out pretty well since I (net) lost 2 pounds. I was down more than that, but then put some back on during Christmas. And, now I can't find the motivation to behave. It'll come, I know.

I had a potential work trip in April to San Diego. And, while I would love to go to San Diego, I wasn't crazy about leaving Leah for 4 nights....especially since I hope to still be nursing her. So, my Client Rep (Chris) out of our Des Moines office is going for me. She is thrilled and having a girlfriend go with her. The trip is actually for a client's conference and Chris will be staffing a table and prepared to talk about the insurance program for this client. Fun stuff. Anyway, it's a very quiet conference and they are very nice people, so she should have fun.

My next potential overnight trip (that I know of now) is in July, so I should be good to go then. It's to Philadelphia...not nearly as good as San Diego! :-)

Brady is a chewer....I know I already said that before. But, she has now chewed on the window sills in the living room. Brat. So, we are going to put up the baby gates to keep her in the sunroom/kitchen/family room area - especially on my work @ home days. We need to get those back up again soon anyway since Leah will start crawling in a couple of months.

The girls are doing well. A week or so ago, Butch & Lacey were playing in the basement and she was running....and fell into the Christmas tree box. That is where these lovely boo-boo's come from.

I try really hard just to let them rough-house, but the last several times when I've bit my tongue, she's gotten banged up pretty good. And they were all preventable if I would have just said something. So, I'm just going to be over-protective momma now. I know she'll get hurt at times, but if it's something preventable, I just can't keep my mouth shut. There is no reason to.

She's dozing on the chair in the family room now. She hasn't taken a nap in her room since Leah was born. No, I'm not joking.

Leah is doing pretty well, except her sleep! She had a couple of bad nights earlier this week where I was up with her 4-5 times, but the past couple of nights, it's only been twice. Ugh. What happened to my good sleeper??? This has been going on since October. I bet she's only slept a solid 6+ hours 8-10 times since the beginning of October. It's wearing on me. I would like to feel like I could stay up past 10:00 without fear of getting zero sleep. At least when she wakes up, she goes back down easily. If she nurses, she's back in bed within 15 minutes, usually less.

She's sitting on her own well and is still super happy. She's only rolled over twice, which has me a little worried. She should be doing that well now. But, since she does the rest okay, I try not to worry. She has her 6 month well visit on Monday, so I'll be able to talk to Dr. Jill about it then anyway. I think she's getting 3 shots again. Poor girl.

Here is cutie-patootee Leah having a good ol' time:

Well, Leah woke from her 3rd catnap. It's 3:25 right now and she has had 3 naps of 30-40 min. today. Why she won't snooze for long periods is beyond me. She has -- when swaddled. And, she does at Lisa's - unswaddled. I just can't figure it out, but I'm frustrated. Lacey was at least 6 months before she settled into good naps, too, though. It's only a phase, it's only a phase, it's only a phase.

No comments: