Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Last Weekend and the Week So Far

Last Thursday night, Lacey's nose started running a little. She has officially picked up Butch's cold. Blah. Thursday night & Friday night were rough. By Saturday evening, I realized that her throat might hurt, so we added Motrin to the mix of meds and she slept great. Of course, meds are more difficult lately b/c she likes to say "I don't like it mommy".

Poor thing has been taking 3 tsp of medicine each night for a few nights now. She's still on Milk of Mag for constipation. Speaking of, I need to call Dr. Jill today since it's been about 7 weeks to discuss weaning her off of that.

What else? The weekend seems like it was so long ago. On Saturday, I think we let her play in the little pool on our deck a bit. Sunday it rained ALL DAY. We really did need it. And, it was a slow, steady rain so it soaked in good. But, a certain 2 year old wasn't happy to be in the house all day. I brought out the finger paints and we had a little fun with that in the afternoon.

Sunday night, Lisa called to say that she was sick and that her sub would be taking care of the kids on Monday. Then, on Monday morning, her hubby called to say that Carmen (the sub) couldn't make it and Lisa was still really sick. Blah. Butch stayed home. Last night, Lisa called to say she's still very sick, perhaps it's even strep, closed again on Tuesday. I'm "working" from home today with Lacey. (Right now my connection to my work stuff is down, so I can't even really try to work.)

I really hope Lisa doesn't have strep and that she's open again tomorrow. Butch's year is winding down (next Friday is his last day) and my time before leave is winding down and I really need to work! (It would help if we didn't have so many stupid issues with our work system, though!)

Lacey seems to be feeling a little better. Still giving her the meds for nighttime, but she is happy during the day.

Oh - my office had a surprise shower for me yesterday! I thought I had a client lunch at 1:00, but it turns out that was their way to make sure I was in the office that day. ;-) Butch was supposed to come, too. But, with Lacey sick and the shower being during nap time.....and the fact that I work 45 miles from home....he skipped it. We were given a nice gift certificate to Babies R Us and Seneca (good friend at work) gave Leah a very soft blanket and a cute little robe. So sweet. Butch wanted me to bring ALL the cake home. There is a TON left. I'm planning to send some to daycare whenever Lisa is open again.

No comments: