Monday, May 28, 2007

Sleep

Late pregnancy is an awful time to try to get any sleep. I always love how people will say "get sleep now, while you can". Speak for yourself. YOU try sleeping with that big belly and heartburn and the back pain and the need to go to the bathroom every 2-3 hours. It's an awesome night for me when I only get up once (this does not mean I only wake once....I still wake several times). It rarely happens. And, while Tylenol PM is approved to take when needed, I'm afraid I'll sleep too soundly!

I do have to say, though, that thankfully Lacey has been sleeping so well for weeks now. It's been a huge blessing. We'd planned to push her to her big bed before Leah was born, but with a toddler that finally sleeps consistantly through the night, we aren't messing with it! Not a chance! Not when in a few weeks (less than 5 until my due date by the way), we'll have a newborn waking us up throughout the night. I don't need a toddler climbing out of bed or adapting to a new environment.

What's funny is that I'm normally wound very tight and I stress over things like this. But, amazingly, I've been pretty laid back about it. (Potty training, too, by the way. I thought I'd be so insane if she wasn't showing more interest in it. Maybe I'm learning to let go of small things or something.)

She is taking a nap in her bed today - 2nd time she's done it. The other time she napped there, it was much shorter than normal (90 minutes instead of 2-3 hours). But, she's easing into it at her own pace. I think eventually, it will just happen if we let it go that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will find that the less uptight you are and the more laid back you are, the easier parenting is. You're learning! Five weeks to go and Leah will be here. Woo-hoo!

The Hamilton's said...

Yep, I'm much less uptight lately & find that things with Lacey go so much better when I am that way. A couple of friends have actually said they wish they'd learned to be more relaxed this early on. Tonya pushed Elizabeth into a big bed before Rhianna was born and they had to switch locks on her door all the time b/c she kept figuring out how to get out of her room and wouldn't stay in bed!!!! Sneaky little thing.

Anonymous said...

I think that's why alot of times the second baby is "easier" than the first. You've learned by then to be a little less stressed about the little things.