Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day and general update

Happy Mother's Day to all of you momma's! When I picked Lacey up at daycare on Friday, she had a nice little gift bag for me. They "made" bookmarks and flower pots (with violets). The bookmarks have a flower on them and the petals and leaves are from Lacey's finger prints. Very cute. The flower pot has an insert that she colored on. Of course, when she saw the flower pot, she said "Mine!" and I told her we would share. Butch got me lots of Burt's Bees things and some chocolate (he knows me well).

It's been a pretty nice day. Lacey has been a complete joy all weekend. Friday night she slept for 12 hours. Bliss. Last night was only about 9.5 hours, but she woke up happy and has been really good playing on her own. She is still in her crib, and I think we're going to leave her there for a while. I wanted to transition her to a bed before Leah's arrival, but when she is sleeping so good, I don't want to mess with a good thing!!! Most advice suggests keeping them in a crib until they are closer to 3 years old, anyway.

utch has been doing a lot of house cleaning today.....God love him. With my low back issues, vacuuming kills me, so he's taken over.

We are thinking about going to Shlagel Farms to pick strawberries later if she'll go down for a nap early enough. Little stinker is still running around with tons of energy right now.

I'm 33 weeks today. It's really hard to believe I only have about 7 weeks to go. Crazy. All is still going well with the pregnancy (other than my back complaints). Dr. Aron assures me that I'm measuring on target....even though I feel HUGE. My weight is about the same as it was with Lacey at this same time.

We're hoping to clean the carpet in the nursery yet today so we can start organizing in there over the next few weeks. We shouldn't need to get much, but I hate feeling disorganized.

Oh - about the yard projects, they are temporarily on hold because I remembered 2 more important things we have to get done. The roof above the garage needs repaired. And, the a/c unit for the upstairs had a leak last year and needs repaired. So, for now the money is going there. I'm still hopeful that we can at least level off a very small area to put in a swingset this year. It shouldn't be that difficult since it's not a big area and I doubt a "professional" would do it since it's such a tiny job.

I hear Butch asking Lacey if she's tired, so I'm off to check on her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, you are NOT huge! Second, you're right - the roof and the a/c unit are more important.