Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, our weekend has turned out different than we had originally planned. Agnes & Trampas were supposed to come for a visit. But, Trampas ended up having to work. He's an FBI agent and these things come up sometimes. I was looking forward to seeing them, but told Butch we would just have to look on the bright side and take advantage of the sudden "free" time.



So, what have we done?



Friday night I was going to head to a scrapbooking thing, but didn't have the motivation to get my butt in gear, so we just stayed in. Saturday morning, we headed to Shlagel Farms since we didn't make it there Mother's Day weekend. We picked lots and lots of strawberries. Our camera batteries had died, but thankfully we had our cell phones.


Lacey had fun for a short while and then didn't want to stick with us anymore. Butch kept picking and I walked around with her.

Then we headed to the mall to look at patio furniture and bought something at Sears. They were out of stock, so we won't have it until next weekend. Lacey found the toy section while we were there & ended up getting her first Barbie, which she adores.

I thought for sure she'd crash for a long nap once we were home, but HA! She kept going. I could have forced it, but she was being good, so I let her stay up. She ended up crashing around 4:30 and I let her sleep until 6:00......which screwed up her bedtime, so she was up late. Oh well.

Sunday, I made a Pampered Chef breakfast I'd wanted to try - Brunch Pizza (or something like that). The crust is hashbrowns and the topping is eggs (of course), peppers, onions, bacon, etc. Pretty good. We all went to Wawa around lunch so I could get my fix of a fountain diet coke (yes, I have my quirks). No matter what anyone says, there is a big difference in taste of a soda in a can or bottle versus one from the fountain. Lacey didn't even eat lunch...she fell sleep right after we came home and slept for over 3 hours!

Then, we headed to Dad's house for a cookout with everyone. It was still early when we got there, so Butch got in the pool. He was the only adult that was brave enough to get in the cold (76*) water. The rest of us were content to put in our feet. Lacey soon decided the pool wasn't so scary & got in with her daddy. She LOVED it and put up quite the fuss when it was time to get out.

Dinner was delish. Burgers, mac salad, potato salad & strawberry spinach salad. Dee & Buck also brought a Carvel Ice Cream cake to celebrate Mom's birthday. She would have been 65 on Saturday. (Appropriate, by the way, that we went strawberry pickin' on her birthday. She loved to do that before she had her own patch.)

Rick & Kristina (really Jessica) were dog sitting for a cousin and had a little chihuahua named Tink at Dad's house. I have *never* seen a nice chihuahua like that. Lacey & Tink had a ball running in the back yard chasing each other. It was awesome. We have video, but I don't know if there is a way to post video here.

After getting home late, another late bath for Lacey and another late bedtime. Oh well. Summer is here.

Today we are just hanging out. She woke up at 6:15 -- despite the late bedtime -- and is already napping (fell asleep on the floor at 9:45). Butch is doing some work. I'm updating you. Not sure what else we will do.

Butch has a cold. I've threatened him about not getting Lacey or me sick. Even with being sick, he's gotten a lot done around the house/yard. Cut out some more brush out back, trimmed the hedges in the front, etc.

Oh - the a/c upstairs isn't working. I posted about that a while ago - that it wasn't working properly last year and we knew it would need fixed. Well, we turned it on for the first time on Friday night and it wasn't really doing a thing. It's about 85* in our rooms when we go to bed. Blah. So, I'll be calling around tomorrow to get someone out to fix it. We've just turned all of it off (even downstairs). Even though it's supposed to be pretty warm today (upper 80's again), there is a nice breeze and I love to hear the birds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cell phone's took good pictures at the strawberry farm! I see pony tails in somebody's hair - we're making progress.

The Hamilton's said...

Yes, Lacey did want me to put clippies in her hair that day. She left them in and let me fix them when they'd start to fall & everything. ;-) But, once we got home, she wanted them out. Progress is progress.