Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Time is running low!

Okay, so there is now less than 2 weeks before my due date. You haven't heard much from me recently because of that.....and the fact that I was starting to feel overwhelmed.

The past week or so has been almost completely focused on work - trying to get things done, or far enough ahead, so that I didn't feel horrible for leaving it for someone else to do. Luckily (?), everyone in our office feels overwhelmed these days, so I don't think I'll be judged for some things not getting done. ;-) Anyway, I have been exhausted at the end of the last 2 days and decided last night that I'm done pushing myself so hard at work. I still have several things to get done at home, too, and also REST. (Note that I don't say "sleep" since that's a joke when you are 38 weeks pregnant.)

Last weekend, I got bags packed for the hospital and got a bag packed for Lacey. She's staying with Rick & Kristina while I'm in labor. Well, if I go to the hospital in the middle of the night, Kristina will come to our house, but otherwise, she'll be at their house. Hopefully if Aunt Kristina has to pick her up at daycare, Lacey won't fight that too much. She is sometimes weird with Aunt K for some reason. Just depends on her mood. She'll just have to deal, huh? If Aunt K bring Jessica with her, there will be no problem. Lacey LOVES Jess. I said that the other day and Lacey said "uh-huh", very enthusiastically.

I'm seeing the doc every week at this point - next appointment is on Friday. I'll be thrilled if I go a bit early.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop worrying about work - you have more important things to think about like a new baby! And Lacey will be fine with Aunt Kristina - b/c you won't be there! She adapts to other people as long as mommy isn't there. And Jess will be there at least some of the time, so don't worry about that either.

The Hamilton's said...

Re Lacey & Aunt K, I meant as far as leaving Lisa's with Aunt K. When they go to school, Lacey will often want nothing to do with Aunt K. I *know* she'll be a-ok once she's with them.