Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Father's Day Weekend

Friday night I took Lacey to get her hair cut. She hates having it done. I'm sure she's not "the worst", but really doesn't like it. She was saying "I don't want to" the whole time we waited. Has to sit on my lap, etc. Oh well.

Saturday was spent around the house....packing for the hospital, etc. Lacey slept for 3 hours that day. Nice. Love it when that happens. I honestly can't remember what all we did, though.

Saturday night, the stinker woke up at about 3:15 a.m......wide awake. Butch tried for 20 minutes, but then she was crying "mommy", so in I went. I laid down with her for 30 minutes, but she just fiddled with her binks, still wide awake. I said "do you need some medicine" and of course, she said "yes, I need medicine". Little turd. But, she obviously needed SOMEthing. So, I went to give her about 1/4 dose of Benadryl, but only about 1/2 went in. Oh well. She still wasn't settling and at 4:45, I brought her to our bed. I know, I know.....several of you are going to want to lecture me on this, but I was TIRED. And, it worked. We all slept until 7:15. Maybe she had slept so long for her nap that she just wasn't sleepy for bed. Who knows?

Sunday was a good day - other than being exhausted. I gave Butch a book he'd had on his wish list at Amazon and also a Tommy Bahama shirt. I know he would never buy that for himself and Lord knows he deserves something nice. He has been so great with doing so much more around the house during my pregnancy (back pain).

Dad is a member of the Optimist Club and they have an annual picnic/cookout on Father's Day. So, we went to that. Lacey played on the playground quite a bit. And, they had 2 horses with a carriage, so we went on rides. Lacey went 3 times. She couldn't get enough. That kid has no fear. It's scary as a parent.

Unfortunately, the event was a 1:00. Lacey's nap time. So, she only slept for 20 min. on the drive down and that was it for the day. Ugh. We paid for it dearly that evening. Oh well.

This week her sleep has still been off. I think her last 2 molars are coming in. We've started giving her about 1/2 dose of Motrin and now she's sleeping well until 4:00 or 5:00. Tonight I'm doing a full dose in hopes that it will get her through the night again. Her naps at daycare have also been shorter - an hour to 90 minutes. They are normally 2-2.5 hours. I'm going to talk to Lisa about that today. I think that Lacey is now sharing a room with Mary Kate and that might be what's causing the shorter naps. In addition to that, school is out, so there is lots more activity with the older kids there all day. She's been a real crank in the evening.

No comments: