Thursday, July 05, 2007

Welcome Leah!

Most of you that read this most likely already know that Leah has made her arrival! At my last doctor's appointment (Friday before), Dr. Aron didn't think it likely I'd go into labor soon. So, we talked about the game plan for being overdue and he also "stripped my membranes" (sorry if TMI for some of you!). I had cramping on Friday, but that can happen and still no labor, so I didn't expect anything. Saturday night, after going to bed around 9:30, I rolled over....in my sleep....around 10:20 and my water broke. Wow.

Labor was faster than it had been with Lacey, but still somewhat long (at least it was long when you compare it to those stories you hear from others and their 3 hour labors!).

She was born on July 1 --- on her due date (just like Lacey!). She weighed in at 9 pounds, 3.9 ounces and was 21 inches long. Yes, a big baby. For those of you that had seen me toward the end of pregnancy, you know that I was worried about her size!


She also has lots of dark hair - very much like Lacey's was at birth. Whether it's an old tale or not, I did have LOTS of heartburn with each of them.
Big sister, Lacey, is adjusting well so far. She adores baby Leah and is obsessed with holding her.

I'll post more at another time! Just wanted to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I can't even stand it!

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous, and of course, I'll be expecting lots of pictures when you're up and about a little bit more. . . . .

Anonymous said...

Too precious!! Let me know when she's ready for visitors, Thanh and I would love to come down and see everyone.