Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The long road to recovery

Lacey is doing a LOT better. But, she is still home from daycare. She can't go back until the diarrhea is completely gone. Butch stayed home Monday & today. I'll do my best to work from home with her tomorrow and then hope she can go back on Thursday.

Yesterday was a pretty good day for her. No real diarrhea until the end of the day. She ate and drank fairly well. She really wanted her bath at 6:00, too. She doesn't normally get one so early, but I think she wants her routine back. ;-) She (and I) went to bed around 7:45, but she woke up after about 30 min. with a very full diaper and bad rash. Screamed through the whole diaper change. Back to bed at 8:45 and not a peep until 4:45. Thank God. I really needed that....as did she.

We think she is really getting cabin fever. She wants to go "bye-bye" all the time. Butch took her to the library this morning just to get out of the house and have a doc appt. tomorrow morning that she'll come to.

On top of all this time off, Miss Lisa is taking 4 days vacation time starting late next week. That wouldn't have been an issue if we hadn't missed all of this time from work already. Ugh. Chuck & Nancy may be coming down to help out so that Butch & I don't fall further behind at work. (Thank you Grandma and Poppy.) It's strange that I have so much family in the area, but in this situation, really no help. Everyone works full-time or is in college. Oh well.

Back to work. Just thought I'd catch you up really quick. I promise to do a post on Lacey's birthday soon....maybe this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad Miss LJ is feeling better. I'm sure Grandma and Poppy are happy to help out, and I'm glad they're able to do that for you.